“Well done comfort food”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 8, 2014

If you find yourself traveling along the Cleveland-Helen Highway at lunch time, don't hesitate to pull into one of the few Western Sizzlin Restaurants left in Ga. (One in Dalton Ga also). It is primarily buffet with some grilled steaks (chopped) on it. A wide variety of comfort foods abound on the buffalo including vegetables that are well-seasoned--not crunchy and bland. If you crave a flatbread sandwich or salad with pecans and strawberries, head on by. This is country style food but cooked by people who know how to do it. Average meal and drink is at $10. There were a lot of locals there as well--a sure sign of good quality.

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

I used to work in the food service industry as a manager, so I am not too fond of buffets for the most part. However, I really have to give it to this western sizzling, I have never had one bad bite of food. The food is always hot and fresh, and tastes great. Huge selection on the buffet as well. The staff is always friendly, they just do their jobs well, which is why I always come here when I am in Helen. This is the only buffet I actually seek out. Definitely recommend to anyone.

Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

We were spending the weekend in Helen for our anniversery. Decided to get away from town for the evening so we tried out western sizzlin. BAD IDEA! From the other reviews, we thought it would be good. Wrong. The buffet only had "steak" well done or medium well. I asked if they could cook one medium rare for me. They politely said yes. When i received it, it was about 4 ounces and tough as leather. The ribs on the buffet were also bad. Either all fat or so tough you can't chew it. Only good thing about this place is the friendly staff. Next time we will just stay in Helen and fight the crouds.

1  Thank creed1275
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Great variety of food to choose from on the buffet. Everything was hot and fresh. It was very clean compared to a lot of the buffet places I have visited. The service was outstanding.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Service was just ok. Cashier would not give me my receipt. We had to wait on plates for 15 mins at the table before getting food. Food was just ok.