“Old facility was better, but still fun”

BabyLand General Hospital
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Cleveland
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: New home of the Cabbage Patch Kids. Free Admission. Deliveries Daily. There are thousands of Cabbage Patch Kids just waiting to be adopted. Big and small, Preemies, Newborns and 'Kids, from bald to a full head of hair, every baby has a name, birthday and a hard to resist personality.
Reviewed April 2, 2013

The new facility is beatiul and has much more room but just doesn't have the same feel as the old facility. The birthing tree is just a front now instead of being able to walk 360 around the tree. Te babies also have a feel they were just dumped in cribs and areas to spred them out & fill the room instead of being in themed groups like they used to be. It was also apparent that the doctor on duty had delivered one too many babies as he was very monotones & lifeless while birthing the baby from mother cabbage. It just did not have the same magic it used to have. I have been to the original location about 15 times, unfortunately this trip left me w/ a feeling of not wanting to return which really stinks cause it was my 2yo sons 1st visit. The other upsetting part for me was we were unable to find any clothing to fit my sons cabbage patch buddy so he could sow off an original cabbage patch hospital outfit. Even though they sold the exact same doll at the hospital that we bought at Walmart, no boy clothes that would fit.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

A 70,000-square-foot plantation home on 650 acres located in Cleveland, GA. Great place for a Birthday Party or Wedding. As I explore inexpensive side trips I occasionally run across something special and this was one of them. It was shocking to me that there was not a fee to tour the facility. It was 100% Free. It is open 7 days a week and this New Location has been opened since Spring of 2009. If you are looking for entrepreneurial business ideas this is a perfect example of a teenager with a way out there idea that made him millions of dollars. And yes I did say a Male Teenager invented these dolls.Cabbage Patch Dolls were created by Xavier Roberts. They are called Cabbage Patch because when he was a child, he was told by his parents that he came from a cabbage patch so he used that name for his dolls. When he first started making them they were called "Little People". He wanted to make each doll unique so he went to garage sales and bought clothes for the dolls. Also he used his very own birth certificate to christen the 1st one he made. The dolls attracted the attention of toy manufacturer Coleco who began mass-producing them in 1982 I and it was then that they were renamed as Cabbage Patch Kids.

1  Thank mpeacock_10
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Seriously Amazing to visit the Cabbage Patch Kids Babyland General Hospital! I didn't know it was in my "backyard"! As a kid, I don't remember ever having enough CPKs. This daytrip more than made up for it.

AMAZINGLY NICE LPNs. Great brand experience that brought back fond memories of CPK. Their complete loyalty to the concept was more mind-bogglingly amazing than nearly anything i've seen abroad or in the major tourist cities here in the USA. GO. GO. GO. No Joke. Go.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Went here looking for my niece a doll and found several that I liked! They have many dolls that are exclusive to his location. The soft faced dolls are hand stitched by about 10 people and they run about $295. They also have the plastic head dolls that are exclusive to his location for $39-$79. They have all eye, skin and hair colors you're looking for (even freckles and dimples). They have names attached but you can change name and birthdate when you buy it. New babies are born each day and they let a customer name one when we were there.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is a must stop and take the tour when in Georgia. Everytime I visit I leave with a smile and a warm fuzzy glow. Pack a picnic. Lunch and eat outdoors in the park.

1  Thank Cynthia B