“Overall good”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Portlethen
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Overall good”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

You get what you expect from a premier inn. Clean hotel, comfy bed and basic facilities. Room was very clean. Price was reasonable. Did have disruption the one night by noisy guests and on leaving the staff asked if we had a good night stay, mentioned about disruption and they refunded room for that night without hassle. Staff were friendly on entering and leaving hotel. Pub next door is fine for a cheap meal or drink.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Maureen_Stainton, Premier Inn Team Leader at Premier Inn Aberdeen South (Portlethen) Hotel, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Premier Inn Aberdeen South(Portlrthen)
We are delighted we lived up to your expectations of what you expect at Premier Inn clean comfortable rooms with friendly staff.
We hope to welcome you back in the near future to the Premier Inn

Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

As it says. Pretty basic but that's all I was looking for. Close to aberdeen and just off the motorway. The mains of balquharn next door is ideal for a bite to eat after work. Just another premier Inn though. Rooms clean and tidy and has all the basics

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Maureen_Stainton, Premier Inn Team Leader at Premier Inn Aberdeen South (Portlethen) Hotel, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the Premier Inn Aberdeen South (Portlethen). Premier Inn have a standard throughout the country we all try to maintain . We are glad that you found everything to your satisfaction and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Paisley, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2014

This is a lovely modern hotel attached to a Brewers Fayre. It's only a 10-15 minute drive into Aberdeen City Centre, so close enough for a without having to pay extra for the City and struggling for avaiavailability in the Oil Capital! The meal deal is great value, and the quality of the food is great.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Maureen_Stainton, Premier Inn Team Leader at Premier Inn Aberdeen South (Portlethen) Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to review your stay with Premier Inn Aberdeen South (Portlethen). Your feedback is very important to us and we are delighted that you had a good stay and you found our location convenient.
The meal deal is good value for money and very please you found the quality of food great and will pass this feedback to the restaurant .
We look forward to welcomimg you back in the near future.

Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 7, 2014

lovely setting in leafy quiet area yet handy for main roads

Excellent staff service -couldn't do enough to help

welcoming and attentive to detail

WILL VISIT AGAIN

VERY GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY

ROOMS SPOTLESS AND ROOMY

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Many thanks for your review. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We're so pleased to hear that you had such a lovely stay with us here at Premier Inn Aberdeen South (Portlethen) and we do hope to see you again in the very near future.
Thank you once again for taking the time to review your stay with us.

Prestwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2014

the hotel was very fresh modern and very clean at all times enjoyable stay, comfortable and relaxing rooms. Not much to complain about only small thing, I felt the room was a little dark could of done with a main light rather than just lamps apart from that all good.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Maureen_Stainton, Premier Team Leader at Premier Inn Aberdeen South (Portlethen) Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Many thanks for your review.
Your feedback is very important to us and we are delighted that you had a comfortable stay.
At Premier Inn we endeavour to offer the best value quality stay and we consistently monitor our rates to ensure we are competitively priced.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn Aberdeen South(Portlethen) in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Generally just ok.
Room rate - expensive
Food - unimaginitive and expensive
Rooms - temperature was too high and no way to cool the room. Noisy with doors banging through the night. No towels one day.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Maureen_Stainton, Premier Team Leader at Premier Inn Aberdeen South (Portlethen) Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. At Premier Inn we endeavour to offer the best value quality stay and we consistently monitor our rates to ensure we are competitively prices, your feedback is very much appreciated and the comments have been passed on to our Marketing Team.

We are sorry that your room was hot and noisy. It is matters to us that you have a comfortable nights sleep and your comments have been noted and will be duly followed up with the team.

Scottish Borders
Reviewed June 14, 2014

We stayed here for three nights when visiting family. As a wheelchair user I wanted to have the ability to wash daily, which is not possible at the family that I was visiting. I would say first of all that every member of staff I encountered was friendly, polite and helpful too.
When I got into my bedroom there was an obvious line of fag ash on the inside window sill - underneath the window sticker saying Smoking is prohibited inside the premises. We told the lady at reception and it was all taken away with no fuss.
The bedroom was a typical Premier Inn disabled room; it had a bath where a shower is a bit easier for me. I managed the bath fine every day but I would warn people to mind the soap dish, I have a cracker of a bruise where I hit my arm of it. I think there could have been another vertical grab rail on the wall by the shower to make get in and out the bath a bit easier - I had to make do with the shower rail instead.
When I stayed here Aberdeen was having absolutely gorgeous weather, so very hot. My room was at the front of the hotel where everybody has a fag. Whenever I opened my window for air I invariably got a whole lot of cigarette smoke coming in. I think either a smoking shelter further away from the front of the hotel or the rooms further away. It wasn’t always the quietest at night; I could hear people most nights.
On the whole the breakfasts were good. I enjoyed muesli and toast, where my mum enjoyed her cooked breakfast. My aunty had cereal and the fruit compote unfortunately it was still defrosting and not the most pleasant to eat. On the final day I was bored with muesli and opted for Coco Pops. These were in a dispense machine with the Bran Flakes and Corn Flakes, I think they had been opened for quite a while they were soft.
The bar has a soft play area and a playground too. We took my nephew and niece there one day, they always really like it - they are regulars. They have a disabled toilet in the pub/play area which is very good; there are toilet seats adaptations for toddler bottoms and a step too.
I think the hotel is best suited for people who only stay fleetingly for one night. The three nights was pushing it.
The staff were very good I must say again, I don’t want it to look as if it’s all bad. I have had much better Premier Inn experiences at other hotels in the chain.

Room Tip: Ask where your room would be and try to get the back of the hotel, should be quieter and less smoke...