“Great Staff, Nice Rooms, Eat Elsewhere..”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Aberdeen South (Portlethen) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Portlethen
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Really like the Premier Inns for transition hotels while traveling to and from Great Britain and can't say enough about the customer service. We had a particularly bad travel day and the staff were more than kind in trying to help sort everything out and get us on our way the next morning. Thought I left my passport in the restaurant and the manager was kind enough to open it up early the next morning to make sure it wasn't there. Just can't say enough about them. Rooms are basic, clean and quiet. Be on the lookout for one of their fantastic room sales - ours was 29 GBP. Location is fine if you have an early morning departure the next day - traffic is light out to the airport. Only pause I have is with the food served in the restaurant, but to this day I haven't had a good burger in the UK :-)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Maureen_Stainton, Premier Inn Team Leader at Premier Inn Aberdeen South (Portlethen) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Many thanks for your lovely review. We were delighted to read your comments, Its fantastic to hear that we contributed towards your trip in a positive manner.
We hope to see you again very soon. Thank you once again for taking the time to leave such a lovely review.

Maureen

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Not sure how much my boss paid for room but i know it wasn't cheap as everywhere in aberdeen was fully booked. Thats why i scored 3 for value. The staff are really friendly, inviting and helpful. 5/5! The room was cleaned everyday. I didnt use the pool or gym - scored 5 as there was no n/a score. The rooms are basic and the shower wasn't very powerful but the hotel did provide brand name soap! Also the bathroom has a heated towel rail. I gave sleep quality a 2 as the bed was so hard i have had a stiff neck for a few days and the windows are thin so you hear the birds chirping in the morning. I would recommend eating at the restuarant its great value for money. You get unlimited costa coffee with your breakfast (which cost £2.50 from costa coffee shops!) And the staff will provide you with take away cups to take 1 away with you also do all you can eat dinner buffets for £7 and you can get a rewards card. They also have a great kids softplay area. I am considering a personnal visit with my family :)

Room Tip: Room 9 is on 1st floor handy if you have heavy equipment and a 2 sec walk from bar/restaurant ;)
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Maureen_Stainton, Premeir Inn Team Leader at Premier Inn Aberdeen South (Portlethen) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate all the comments and be assured they have all been noted both positive and negative.
Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights Dinner B & B rate first week in November and was left dissapointed. I have recieved many emails from Premier Inn regarding my booking etc and they themselves describe this hotel as a "budget hotel", why then does it cost £130 per night? In my opinion that is the rate of a non London 4* hotel in the UK.
Rooms were basic, the thermostat in the room continusoly kept clicking on and off during the night which then activated a very lound electric radiator and kerp me awake until the early hours when I decided to turn it off and sleep in a cold room. Very basic room (as to be expected form a budget hotel) poor shower, high pressure taps in the bathroom soaked your shirt and trousers on every occasions used, it was that strong that trying to fill a glass of water was difficult.

Good Points:
Staff were very friendly and the room had good black-out curtains

Would I stay again, no.

Room Tip: book somewhere else
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Maureen_Stainton, Premier Team Leader at Premier Inn Aberdeen South (Portlethen) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Many thanks for your review. It really matters that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay, and for this reason your feedback is very much appreciated as we strive to improve standards and to meet our customer's needs.
At Premier Inn we endeavour to offer the best value quality stay and we consistently monitor our rates to ensure we are competitively priced, your feedback is very much appreciated and please be assured that your comments have been passed on to the the teams.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Our son has recently started work in Aberdeen so has been staying with family in Portlethan, this was our first visit to see him and our first visit to the Premier Inn in Portlethan Aberdeen South and it certainly will not be the last. The price was excellent but this did not affect the quality of the accommodation, it was clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. The breakfast was good value and all of this experience was enhanced by the friendliness of the staff who were all cheerful and helpful. Today (Sunday) despite there being a lot of customers for breakfast this did not deter the staff who soldiered on and the service level didn't drop. If you are going to Aberdeen then I recommend this Premier Inn very highly - we will certainly be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Maureen_Stainton, Premier Inn Team a Leader at Premier Inn Aberdeen South (Portlethen) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thank you for your positive review.
We are delighted that your first experience at our hotel was excellent in every aspect.
We as a team endeavour to give every guest a good comfortable stay at our hotel and are always delighted to receive positive comments.
We look forward to your return to Portlethen to visit your son in the near future.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I enjoyed my stay as the premier inn.
the rooms are very tidy and comfortable, the staff are very helpful.
The food is typical brewers fayre.
it can be very busy as there is always theme nights, such as; curry and fish and chip night.
There is also a big inside play area for kids, so if you are not a child fan, it's not for you.
I was disappointed that the lounge area did not have sky sports as my team was playing in the champions league and when the other matches were on they would not change the chanel for the football.
in the end I had to go into port lethen to find a pub to watch the match.
However providing there is no sports events that I wanted to see, I would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013
Maureen_Stainton, Premier Inn Team Leader at Premier Inn Aberdeen South (Portlethen) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thank you for your review and your positive comments about the hotel and staff.
Your comments about the family restaurant next door will be given to the manager. I understand fully if you are not involved with children and love your sport it could be a little frustrating.
We however really do look forward to your return and hope it does not clash with your favourite sport's event.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Staying at the hotel currently for the week. I tend to be in a Premier Inn around the UK most weeks and found this one is pretty much the same good standard as you would expect from this chain. Clean, spacious and familiar. The receptionist here was very friendly and welcoming and have no fault at all with the service. The disappointing side of this stay, is that reception (internet connectivity) is very poor, therefore I had to purchase wifi for the week. Also, there are three main seperate buildings containing the bedrooms, the furthest away is some distance from reception. This could be an issue for those that cannot walk far or simply for those that dont want to get wet when having to cross the yard to the restaurant. The only other disappointing thing is the restaurant itself. Beefeater, Table Table, Thyme - all other restaurants that belong to Whitbread serve up some decent dishes. Brewers Fayre seem to serve up the cheapest of the slop that this company can get their hands on. Cheap buffet style themed nights sound a perfect idea - but for all you can eat at £6.99 - you can guess it wont be the highest standards of ingredients. Menu has little choice, unless you like the truckers stop type menu where everything comes with chips. Even the steak sounds tempting, but it's only griddled and not chargrilled, so your left with a bland fatty taste in your mouth. Sorry Whitbread, but Brewers Faye is just cheap and nasty and not great when your having to choose from this menu all week :-( Overall, the hotel itself is fine and I would stay here again for that reason plus it suits due to the easy access to Aberdeen south. If there was another option, due to the poor food of Brewers Fayre, I would choose to stay somewhere else

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the main building or the middle building. Less far to walk to the reception or restau...
Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Maureen_Stainton, Premier Team Leader at Premier Inn Aberdeen South (Portlethen) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay with Aberdeen South Premier Inn. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay.
Regarding your feedback on the Wi-Fi, please be assured your comments will be passed to the Wi-Fi provider.
Please accept my apologies for the disappointment with regards to the restaurant. Your comments regarding this have been duly noted and passed on to the Management.
We are delighted that you will stay here again and look forward to your return.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Stayed for 1 night on business and cannot find fault. This might be a chain but exceeded my expectations. Friendly receptionist,clean spacious room which was warm.One small moan would be only providing 2 sachets of coffee in the rooms for my stay.My evening meal served in the adjoining restaurant was acceptable and good value for money.
Will happily stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Maureen_Stainton, Premier Inn Team Leader at Premier Inn Aberdeen South (Portlethen) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us a positive review.
We are delighted that you enjoyed you stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the future and will be definitely give you more coffee for your room.

Regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Portlethen
Ship Inn
#2 of 27 in Stonehaven
The Neuk
The Neuk
#1 of 1 in Portlethen

Been to Premier Inn Aberdeen South (Portlethen) Hotel? Share your experiences!