“Honest review.”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Portlethen
Blackpool
“Honest review.”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My partner and i stayed at this hotel for the weekend of 7th . 8th..9th June 2013.
We stayed in room 12, The hotel was a lovely place in a good location for us and the staff were friendly . After our first night of non sleep due to the bed being very uncomfortable and you could feel every spring in the bed. The receptionist offered us another room and we felt at the mattress and that felt the same, The receptionist said she would ask the room service to put a thick duvet over the mattress in room 12 to make it comfortable for us.
That night again we did not get a good sleep due to being able to feel the mattress springs and so we decided to move out of the hotel and not stay for our 3rd night there.
To be fair to the hotel they did give us our money back for the guaranteed good night sleep. which was immediatly put back on my bank card. But the receptionist said she would give us our money back for the night we refused to stay due to the bed being uncomfortable but which i have not recieved.
This hotel would be a lovely place to stay if they had new mattresses for the beds.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
T0MASZ_SAFIER, Operations Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen South (Portlethen) Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear justsimplyred,

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback about your current stay at Premier Inn Aberdeen South. This is much appreciated.

Firstly, I would like to apologise that we have not met your expectations in regards of sleep quality. At Premier Inn we are using a top market mattress brand, which our housekeeping team members ensure are kept in top condition, by turning them every three months to prevent from sagging.

The money for the cancelled booking should be on your account in about three days after the departure. Please contact the hotel directly if you have not received it yet.

Overall, I am delighted to hear that you found our hotel a lovely place and staff friendly.
We still hope to host you again at Premier Inn Aberdeen South in the near future.

Tomasz Safier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Stayed here for first night of a two week stay in Scotland, as not able to access our holiday cottage until the following day, we were aware of this & had booked well in advance so got a good deal. Pretty much a standard Premier Inn, did find the bed to be more comfortable than those we have stayed in in other locations. Room clean & spacious. Only two tea bags on tray, but receptionist provided more when asked. The receptionist was very helpful & pleasant, we had a problem when all of the electricity supply tripped in the room & she dealt with this straight away. I didn't get her name hoping to see her the following morning, but she was on duty on Friday 31st May in the evening.
Our room was at the front facing the road & we thought we would be disturbed by road noise, but this was not so even though the window was open. The only problem as we were trying to get to sleep ( we went to bed at 10pm having had a long day ), was the smokers who congregate outside the entrance (our room was above the entrance). I could smell their smoke & hear one ladies nasty smokers cough.
We ate in the restaurant, it was very very busy, lots of locals in there, & lots of children. We had to wait about 15 minutes for a table. There is a themed buffet every day, & Friday is fish & chips, all you can eat for £6.99, we had this & felt it was good value, there was fish, scampi, sausages, chicken & mini beef pies, so plenty of choice .
Breakfast was fine, a previous poster said there was no fruit, but there was a good mixed fruit salad. The cooked selection could have been hotter & it had been sitting under heat lamps for a while.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
T0MASZ_SAFIER, Operations Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen South (Portlethen) Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear EdinaCloud,

Many thanks for your 5 star review!
It was wonderful to hear that our staff was so helpful and dealt quickly with emergencies, I will gladly pass the compliments to Debra.

Reducing the noise level is something we are particularly focused on. I'm happy that we fulfilled our promise to keep the external noise to the minimum regardless of the main road nearby. We will pay closer attention to informing our guests that the designated smoking areas are further from the entrance so both smoking and non-smoking guests can enjoy their stay in Portlethen.

As the restaurant is indeed quite popular locally and can get very busy on particular nights, I would advise you to book a table in advance, our reception team can arrange it for you on your arrival.

Thank you again for your time and we hope to welcome you again on the next occasion!

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed here because it was within convenient walking distance of my travel goal in the Badentoy industrial site after having conferred with Aberdonian co-workers. As the other reviewers have commented, the rooms are large and the sleeping area surprisingly well appointed. The television selection was tremendous and the pub provided the missing football matches. Since I was there for the whole week the chaise lounge was well appreciated. That said, I missed a place to put my luggage, so it was a little bit of a challenge to keep the room somewhat neat. The rooms lack a minibar, so don't expect to be able store anything which needs to be kept cold. Being a minimalist motel, the facility lacks a laundry so any needs in that area need planning. Since the room is heated and not cooled and the windows are restricted in motion, I would expect the rooms to be stuffy on the rare warm day.

The bathroom was minimalistic and I have to admit, I have never seen a flooring designed to look like unfinished chip/particle/MDF. I would have appreciated a towel bar as the hand towel and bath towel cannot be hung on the same place. This would be a challenge for couples. And as is getting to be common feature, bring your own shampoo or soap. (There is a convenient ASDA on the other side of the A90).

The food at the pub was unexpected. Breakfasts were good enough and clearly cater to local preferences, but I missed fruit and was surprised at the winging about the coffee from espresso automat. Dinners were somewhat bland with somewhat odd portion sizing but very inexpensive. You need to be aware of the fact that there are few nearby facilities so the evening specials attract many local residents. You make actually have to consider reservations especially on curry night (why I don't know, the sauces were thin ....). Unfortunately the staff doesn't clean up properly after the night before so I had several days of commenting chairs with dried pudding on the seat backs after a Sunday birthday party.

There is an underappreciated Ashvales fish and chip restaurant next to the ASDA so that gives a chance for some variation.

The staff was helpful (to the extent one needed to talk to them since everything is prepaid)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
T0MASZ_SAFIER, Operations Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen South (Portlethen) Hotel, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear ReisendeGringo,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay in our hotel. I am delighted you found the staff friendly and location so convenient to you and your co-workers.

We pride ourselves in going an extra mile to our guests so we are especially grateful for the suggestions regarding the laundry service. We will consider arranging this additional amenity with the neighbouring businesses. Should you require to store anything in the fridge next time you come to visit us, please do not hesitate to approach our reception team they will be happy to assist you.

As for the feedback regarding the restaurant, it will be passed to restaurant manager.

Once again, thank you for giving us your honest opinion about our hotel. Feedback such as yours helps us to further improve our services to suit your needs better.

We hope to welcome you back at Premier Inn Aberdeen South (Portlethen) in the near future.

newcastle upon tyne
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Pleasant stay only trouble was sitting in the Pub attatched we were asked to move seats (after sitting there for over 2 hrs) it was'nt in the restaurant area but a couple came in who normally sit the on a sunday at 5 o'clock , so needless to say they lost our custom, I did find this a bit strange

Room Tip: Rooms facing south were nice
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear skywalker11,

Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us at Premier Inn Aberdeen South.
I am so pleased to read that you found our hotel pleasant.

We are very sorry about your bad experience with the restaurant next door. I will pass your complaints to the restaurant manager and please be assured that your feedback will be taken seriously.

I hope to welcome you in the near future.

Chorley, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Stayed for one night in April. Paid £81 for one nights stay room only.
Check in same as usual and polite. Room same as all premier inns.
30 mins free internet not enough. Pillows plenty to choose from. Bed comfy and room clean.
Food in pub next door was ok usual brewers fayre.
Had a good sleep but prefer other hotels that have different feel to them and not the same. Also prefer to order food to the room and also get wi-fi in with the cost.
Great location for my business visit straight on the A90. Which you can't really hear.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
T0MASZ_SAFIER, Operations Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen South (Portlethen) Hotel, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear SteBrizz,

Thank you for your feedback about your stay at Premier Inn Aberdeen South (Portlethen).

It is sincerely nice to hear that you found our team to be polite and rooms clean and comfortable.

All the Premier Inn's are similar concept hotels to ensure our guests receive the same high standards across all our sites.

Overall, I am very glad you had a good sleep with us and we are looking forward for your next visit to Premier Inn Portlethen.

Chalus, France
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I'm quickly becoming a fan of the Premier Inn chain. The rooms are large (especially for UK) and well furnished (even if all identical).
The staff at Aberdeen South were brilliant, friendly and helpful. The room we were given was at the back of the building which was great as it meant that we didn't get any road noise (the A90 is one of the main roads into Aberdeen). I would recommend that you ask for a room at the back, also there didn't appear to be a lift so suitcases had to be carried upstairs. The Brewers Fayre next door is an easy option for eating in the evening. We were there on the Sunday so there was a roast buffet - however we ordered off the menu as we had a voucher and the food was rather disappointing. The Brewers Fayre is also used for breakfast and if I compared this breakfast to other ones I've had at Premier Inns this one was far superior. I would definitely stay at this Premier Inn again.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the road side.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
T0MASZ_SAFIER, Operations Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen South (Portlethen) Hotel, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Dils23,

Thank you for your review about your stay at Premier Inn Aberdeen South.

I am delighted that you found our staff brilliant. We pride ourselves on delivering great customer service and going an extra mile for the guest.

The feedback about your eating experience will be passed to the Restaurant Manager.

Overall it is very nice to hear that you are becoming a fan of the Premier Inn and we are looking forward for you next visit to Aberdeen South (Portlethen).

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Travelling with my father around Scotland for a long weekend, Premier Inns seem the most logical choice in somewhere quick and cheap to stay overnight, while being safe in the knowledge of receiving good standards.
This Premier Inn is all this. Brilliant night's stay, and great location to jump straight onto the A90. We had dinner in the adjoining Brewer's Fayre, and was good, although a little overpriced IMO. Breakfast as always, is good Premier Inn standard, and the coffee is top notch.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
T0MASZ_SAFIER, Operations Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen South (Portlethen) Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear jonnyf90,

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at Premier Inn Aberdeen South (Portlethen).

At Premier Inn we pride ourselves on ensuring our guests have clean and comfortable room and I am very glad you have experienced that.

I have passed your comments on to the restaurant general manager, who I am sure will take your feedback on board.

The All you can eat Premier Breakfast and unlimited Costa Coffee refills for £8.25, which I am sure you agree is great value for money.

The team and myself are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Tomasz Safier
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portlethen
Mercure Aberdeen Ardoe House Hotel and Spa
The Aberdeen Altens Hotel
Ship Inn
Ship Inn
#1 of 1 in Stonehaven
Holiday Inn Aberdeen West
Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel
Premier Inn Aberdeen (Westhill) Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Aberdeen South (Portlethen) Hotel? Share your experiences!