“What a dump!!!!!”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Clayton
Alamo, California
“What a dump!!!!!”
Reviewed August 31, 2010

Booked online 1 nite & paid. It was dingy, dirty,dark, stinky,old furniture, gross bed covers, rug dark, dirty & worn out in places, seedy charters. On my tip toes so Jean bottoms would not touch floor. would have slept in car b/4 staying there. America's Best looked the same. (learned same owners!) Quality Inn bright, clean and tastefully decorated, same floor plan but Bright, clean, fresh caulking in bath, marble counters, newer toilets, 4 thick pillows on each bed,more updated decor. Was told a dead rat was found in the tub @ DAys Inn. DON'T go there. I rec'd the same price WITH a breakfast (bacon and eggs) AND a CLEAN room at Quality Inn.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Premiumlot

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Cumming, Georgia
Reviewed June 20, 2010

My husband and I went to a wedding about 12 miles down the road in South Carolina. Clayton was the closest town. We stopped in at the Days Inn to get a room for the night. When we walked in the room it had a funny smell and it was VERY HOT. We thought maybe if we turned on the air and let it run for a while it would be OK. We were wrong. When we flushed the toilet things would not go down. There was no soap in the room. AND FINALLY...we were laying on the bed watching TV when my husband said...get up put on your clothes...we are leaving. I said why, did you see a roach? He said no worse...I will tell you when we leave. (HE KNEW I WOULD FREAK OUT!!) I kept asking and finally he said...I saw a mouse run across the room. We went down and demanded our money onlt to be asked oi we wanted another room. I said, HELL NO, I want a refund. Then the man asked how it got in the room...I said how would I know. We ended up staying at America's Best Inn. It was VERY CLEAN!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank klove04

Travelers are raving about these Clayton hotels

Young Harris
Reviewed May 10, 2010

We stayed at this hotel this past week. This motel was hideous, the room was nasty, had not been vacuumed, there was trash all over the floor and there were hairs all over the toilet, bathroom floor and tub. It looked as if the only thing that had been done was the beds were made. There was standing dust on the furniture and the room smelled of mildew. They charged us $50 for the night, but the room wasn't worth half that much. I would recommend to stay at the Quality Inn down the street. When we checked out, there was conveniently no one in the lobby to register a complaint with. Worst motel we ever stayed at!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank carlymanning70
Pinconning, Michigan
Reviewed February 26, 2010

The rooms are older, and the hotel in general is in need of an update. The internet worked well, though. There are multiple different food options nearby that can be walked to, which is very nice.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
Marietta, Ga
Reviewed September 1, 2009

Old dated rooms. carpets was stinky. bathroom was scary. mattress gave me night terrors when the sheet came off !

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed June 13, 2009

My son and I were looking for an inexpensive, but clean and safe place to spend a night on our way through town on a kayaking trip. This turned out to be an excellent choice. The room was very clean, the beds very comfy. I slept GREAT. Everything worked - A/C, cable TV, free in-room Wi-fi. The area felt safe - a little road noise, but I only noticed it during waking hours. The staff was very friendly. The free continental breakfast was minimal but good - coffee, a few pastries, bagels, bananas, etc. We also ate dinner at the Mexican restaurant downstairs and it was good as well. No, this is not the Ritz, but if you're looking for an inexpensive place to have a good night's rest, this might be for you. Definitely would recommend.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
GEORGIA
Reviewed October 19, 2008

WARNING!!!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!! THEY WILL CHEAT YOU OUT OF MONEY!!!!
We paid for our 2 room 2 night stay with a credit card back in June. The debit WAS taken out on the credit card. It was shown on the credit card bill.
When we check in on Friday night, the lady behind the counter sign us in and told us to have a nice stay. We were in our rooms until 1:00 the next day before leaving for the afternoon and evening. When we returned that night around12:00 we were LOCKED out of our room! The front desk person said that the credit card was declined. We tried to explain that the credit card had already been charged but they would not listen. We had to pay another 75.00 for Friday night but refused to pay for Saturday and we chose to leave that night at 1:00 a.m. instead of paying for another night.
I repeat DO NOT STAY HERE. TELL YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS NOT TO STAY.
NOT ONLY THAT BUT THE ROOMS SMELLED LIKE URINE!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank FATMAMA1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clayton
Quality Inn & Suites Mt. Chalet
Country Hearth Inn Toccoa
Mountain Valley Inn
Mountain Valley Inn
#2 of 3 in Dillard

Been to Days Inn Clayton? Share your experiences!