“Don't expect much.” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Clayton
Atlanta, GA
“Don't expect much.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

This motel is located on the main highway through town, so you can expect to hear road noise all night, especially trucks and motorcycles. Even the loud air conditioner did little to mitigate the noise. The room was a typical motel room in an older property. I did not expect much more than that from a motel in this price point. We did not have difficulty getting our door to open, but the people next door did every single time they came and went from their room. The bathroom is small and cramped. They skimp badly on the towels. Small, kind of threadbare and certainly not enough towels for two people - especially when one is female.

I can't comment on any breakfast items, as we breakfasted at some small cafes in the area and they were fine. My biggest gripe about my experience was the WIFI. My pc picked up four different "days inn" wifi signals, but none of them seemed to work with the password we were given. I called the front desk to ask about it, but the woman barely spoke English and basically said she had no idea what to tell me. So I messed around for a while and did get connected to one of the options, only to have my browser redirect me to another website where I had to watch a stupid video before I could do anything else. OK, I watched the stupid video. Then I got online and after about 10 minutes the wifi crapped out and I had to go through the whole stupid process all over again. This happened every single time I tried to go online, so after a while I just gave up and put the computer away. The second day I stopped in at the front desk to ask about the wifi, and once again just got a blank look from the clerk who said she had no idea what I was talking about.

I think if I travel to the area again I will rent a cabin through VRBO or maybe stay at the Quality Inn down the street.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Andy P, General Manager at Days Inn Clayton, responded to this review, September 19, 2014
Thank you for your response. We try to meet and exceed what our brand standards require. We are always happy to supply any extras if requested. We are sorry if we missed something.

Sincerely

Andy Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

This place is right on the highway and you can hear the road traffic all night . All rooms face directly onto the highway. The pool looks great but is open and facing the highway. Who wants to swim with everyone watching!. The rooms are very run down. The air conditioning is useless and the controls were all broken It was really hot all night. The towels are thin and horrid. The outside lights are kept on all night and shine in the window even withe the drapes drawn tight, the doors and paint work are filthy. They couldn't even find my booking from booking.com so I had to pay again and fight it out later. Don't even talk about the breakfast. It was pitiful and very merge. DO Not Stay here. Find somewhere else.

Room Tip: Choose somewhere else. Don't go there if you know what is good for you. There are way better hot...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Julietta W
I am sorry you were not happy with your stay. There are just some things we have no control over. We try to make each stay the best it can be. Please know that we appreciate any review to help us get better.

Sincerely
Andy Patel

Travelers are raving about these Clayton hotels

Spartanburg, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

I was in the area for an interview and needed economy. I also did not have reservations. I checked in late and after viewing the room, I was simply too tired to go to the trouble of complaining or leaving. The door to my room did not lock properly. I came out of the bathroom, to the door being wide open. As a female traveling alone, I was not amused. The room was less than 30 feet from a major road, so I'd have liked for the door to have locked. The room was clean enough, but very dated and not at all what I'd have expected. The mattresses were both quite slumped in the middle. The carpet next to the bed was wet enough to soak my socks, which was strange. The bathroom was very much in need of renovation. Amenities were poor. I had to run to the grocers behind the hotel to grab some soap and bottled water. The ice machines were broken on both levels. It did seem like an inconvenience when I went to the office and asked for ice. Breakfast was not sufficient and I needed to eat elsewhere. For the price, I wasn't expecting luxury, but it was not the kind of experience that I will repeat.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Andy P, General Manager at Days Inn Clayton, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
We are sorry you had a less thea perfect stay. The ice machines have been an issue with the extreme cold this winter. We have that issue resolved. All of our beds have been replaced within this last year so if you had an issue we would like to know so that it can be addressed. We are checking doors and locks at this time so hopefully they will all be working properly. Please let us show you that we wnt your stay to be the best we can give. Again we hope your next vixit will be significantly improved.
Madison, Florida, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

I can't believe Days Inn allows this level of motel to fly its banner!!! This is the most run down motel I have ever stayed in . I would have moved but all the other motels in the area were full so we had no choice. Do not ever stay here even if it means driving some distance. This is the first bad review I have ever written in all my travels and I still can't put it into words just how bad this motel is DONT STAY HERE !!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here
Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Donnie W
Andy P, General Manager at Days Inn Clayton, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
We are sorry you had an unhappy experience. We have been full every weekend in October so any rooms that the doors are open to are awaiting the housekeepers coming in to clean. We certainly would give anyone another room that was already finished if we know a particular room has not been cleaned yet. We most certainly want our guests happy and try to accomodate them. Please accept our sincere apology for your inconvenience.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clayton
Americas Best Value Inn
Country Hearth Inn Toccoa
Mountain Valley Inn
Mountain Valley Inn
#2 of 3 in Dillard

Been to Days Inn Clayton? Share your experiences!