“Fair for the good price”
Review of Days Inn Clayton

Days Inn Clayton
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Clayton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Spartanburg, South Carolina
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I was in the area for an interview and needed economy. I also did not have reservations. I checked in late and after viewing the room, I was simply too tired to go to the trouble of complaining or leaving. The door to my room did not lock properly. I came out of the bathroom, to the door being wide open. As a female traveling alone, I was not amused. The room was less than 30 feet from a major road, so I'd have liked for the door to have locked. The room was clean enough, but very dated and not at all what I'd have expected. The mattresses were both quite slumped in the middle. The carpet next to the bed was wet enough to soak my socks, which was strange. The bathroom was very much in need of renovation. Amenities were poor. I had to run to the grocers behind the hotel to grab some soap and bottled water. The ice machines were broken on both levels. It did seem like an inconvenience when I went to the office and asked for ice. Breakfast was not sufficient and I needed to eat elsewhere. For the price, I wasn't expecting luxury, but it was not the kind of experience that I will repeat.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Andy P, General Manager at Days Inn Clayton, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
We are sorry you had a less thea perfect stay. The ice machines have been an issue with the extreme cold this winter. We have that issue resolved. All of our beds have been replaced within this last year so if you had an issue we would like to know so that it can be addressed. We are checking doors and locks at this time so hopefully they will all be working properly. Please let us show you that we wnt your stay to be the best we can give. Again we hope your next vixit will be significantly improved.
Madison, Florida, United States
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I can't believe Days Inn allows this level of motel to fly its banner!!! This is the most run down motel I have ever stayed in . I would have moved but all the other motels in the area were full so we had no choice. Do not ever stay here even if it means driving some distance. This is the first bad review I have ever written in all my travels and I still can't put it into words just how bad this motel is DONT STAY HERE !!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here
Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Donnie W
Andy P, General Manager at Days Inn Clayton, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
We are sorry you had an unhappy experience. We have been full every weekend in October so any rooms that the doors are open to are awaiting the housekeepers coming in to clean. We certainly would give anyone another room that was already finished if we know a particular room has not been cleaned yet. We most certainly want our guests happy and try to accomodate them. Please accept our sincere apology for your inconvenience.

Travelers are raving about these Clayton hotels

Gulf Breeze, Florida
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed here because they allowed my dog. Nice for the money and clean. We felt safe but had to ask for north side away from the other parking lots that did not look as safe. Right in front we had the some of the best mexican food I've ever tasted and the service was great also.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Andy P, General Manager at Days Inn Clayton, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for your input. Each review helps us to improve our facility and service. We hope to see you again.
Suwanee, Georgia
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The front office person acted as though we inconvenienced him when checking in and barely looked at us when we dropped off the key card.

The room had a bit of an odd odor but seemed fairly clean. The hotel is right on the highway and traffic was really loud. The door to our room did not close well so we made sure all of the locks were engaged any time we were in the room. Fortunately, we didn't plan to stay in the room during most of our one night stay so it wasn't too bad but I would probably chose another location if I stay in Clayton again.

The picture does not represent this hotel in any way, shape or form. The breakfast buffet had bananas, apples, bagels and cereal but it wasn't especially appetizing so we opted to eat somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Andy P, General Manager at Days Inn Clayton, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are looking at the door locks at this time. We have to change batteries annually so any repairs will be made. As you know, we are on the main route north and south, We get heavy traffic at times but we have easy access to the sights and events in our area. We hope to see you again.
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this Days Inn while attending a family wedding in Clayton. The only reason we chose the hotel was because it's one of the only pet friendly hotel in the area. The only positive thing that I can say is that it was clean and had new carpet. Other than that, I would advise you to avoid at all costs.

First, the hotel sits at a stop light on busy highway. You might as well just put the bed in the middle of traffic because it sounds like every car is coming through the door. Very loud.

Then there was the bathroom, which looked like something you'd find at the back of gas station. Old tile, dirty old grout, bulging ceiling tiles and a fan cover that was hanging loose from the ceiling. The floor of the shower was stained. The bathroom was also painted some odd orange/yellow color. You could also tell where they had removed a vanity from the bathroom by the patched wall and the toothbrush holder nestled next to the toilet. Creepy. Oh, I forgot to mention the towels. Paper thin and stained. Suffice it to say that the photos don't really reflect the reality of the hotel. (Nor do they show the Mexican restaurant attached to the hotel.)

The owner also knocked on the door in the middle of our stay and asked us to leave so they could shampoo the new carpets. While I admire the attempt at cleanliness, I found it odd and inconvenient that they would do this while the room was occupied. We weren't ready to leave and I didn't feel comfortable letting shady looking carpet cleaners in the room with all my stuff, so he finally backed off this when I fussed about it.

Finally, don't depend on the place for any kind of breakfast (not that I would want to consume food there anyway). The selection isn't worth the walk to the lobby. You are better off going to the gas station next door, which actually has a decent selection of breakfast items.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Laura_Gamble
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clayton
Quality Inn & Suites Mt. Chalet
Country Hearth Inn Toccoa
Mountain Valley Inn
Mountain Valley Inn
#2 of 3 in Dillard

Been to Days Inn Clayton? Share your experiences!