“GOOD ENOUGH”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Clayton
Gulf Breeze, Florida
“GOOD ENOUGH”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed here because they allowed my dog. Nice for the money and clean. We felt safe but had to ask for north side away from the other parking lots that did not look as safe. Right in front we had the some of the best mexican food I've ever tasted and the service was great also.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Andy P, General Manager at Days Inn Clayton, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for your input. Each review helps us to improve our facility and service. We hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Suwanee, Georgia
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The front office person acted as though we inconvenienced him when checking in and barely looked at us when we dropped off the key card.

The room had a bit of an odd odor but seemed fairly clean. The hotel is right on the highway and traffic was really loud. The door to our room did not close well so we made sure all of the locks were engaged any time we were in the room. Fortunately, we didn't plan to stay in the room during most of our one night stay so it wasn't too bad but I would probably chose another location if I stay in Clayton again.

The picture does not represent this hotel in any way, shape or form. The breakfast buffet had bananas, apples, bagels and cereal but it wasn't especially appetizing so we opted to eat somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Andy P, General Manager at Days Inn Clayton, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are looking at the door locks at this time. We have to change batteries annually so any repairs will be made. As you know, we are on the main route north and south, We get heavy traffic at times but we have easy access to the sights and events in our area. We hope to see you again.
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this Days Inn while attending a family wedding in Clayton. The only reason we chose the hotel was because it's one of the only pet friendly hotel in the area. The only positive thing that I can say is that it was clean and had new carpet. Other than that, I would advise you to avoid at all costs.

First, the hotel sits at a stop light on busy highway. You might as well just put the bed in the middle of traffic because it sounds like every car is coming through the door. Very loud.

Then there was the bathroom, which looked like something you'd find at the back of gas station. Old tile, dirty old grout, bulging ceiling tiles and a fan cover that was hanging loose from the ceiling. The floor of the shower was stained. The bathroom was also painted some odd orange/yellow color. You could also tell where they had removed a vanity from the bathroom by the patched wall and the toothbrush holder nestled next to the toilet. Creepy. Oh, I forgot to mention the towels. Paper thin and stained. Suffice it to say that the photos don't really reflect the reality of the hotel. (Nor do they show the Mexican restaurant attached to the hotel.)

The owner also knocked on the door in the middle of our stay and asked us to leave so they could shampoo the new carpets. While I admire the attempt at cleanliness, I found it odd and inconvenient that they would do this while the room was occupied. We weren't ready to leave and I didn't feel comfortable letting shady looking carpet cleaners in the room with all my stuff, so he finally backed off this when I fussed about it.

Finally, don't depend on the place for any kind of breakfast (not that I would want to consume food there anyway). The selection isn't worth the walk to the lobby. You are better off going to the gas station next door, which actually has a decent selection of breakfast items.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Laura_Gamble

Travelers are raving about these Clayton hotels

Columbia, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Rates were not to bad, considering the location of hotel. Hotel is on main highways, very busy and loud. The clerks were not very helpful on checking in and out. Breakfast was average to say the least.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Andy P, General Manager at Days Inn Clayton, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for your review. As you said, we are convenieently located on the main route through the area. With that, we are easily accessed by travelers. The traffic can be heavy at times. I am sorry the front desk person could not take care of all your needs. We want you to feel at home while you are with us. Our breakfast is a Continental breakfast. We meet all the standards of the brand with what we offer. Please come back when you are in the area again.
Auburn, Indiana, United States
Reviewed September 17, 2013

My boyfriend and his two friends were all groomsmen in a wedding that was going to take place at Chota Falls over Labor Day weekend. Friday night was the rehearsal, so we all piled into the SUV on Thursday night after working all day, to make the 10-12hour drive. Friday morning we arrive to around 6am, thinking that the family of the groom were already at Chota Falls, and then realize there was a miscommunication and that they were not going to be at the place until 3pm, so we have hours before we could get our rooms there and needed to get some decent sleep before all the wedding festivities would begin. Clayton, GA was only a few minutes down the way, and the Days Inn was the only hotel chain we were familiar with so we thought it be best to go with them. It wasn't much to look at driving up to it, but we went in anyways. The person working the front desk was very rude, and acted like it was very inconvenient of us to make her book us a room, and then get a roll out on top of that for our fifth traveler. It cost us $80 for our five hour stay, but we were so tired, we didn't care. As soon as we walk into our room, we were hit with a smell as if something had died in there. It honestly smelt like my dissection lab for Anatomy! The first couple pulled off the covers to jump into bed, and the whole thing was stained with black stuff! Also, the roll-out was damp. The first couple took 3minutes to decide they were sleeping in the SUV, the solo guy slept on the floor, and my boyfriend and I slept with our own sheets, pillows, and blankets that we had brought from home. The rooms must not have been very insulated, because we could hear EVERYTHING that happened outside and in the neighboring rooms. After a few hours of "sleeping" which none of us actually fell completely asleep, we packed up everything and checked out. After the weekend, once we were back home, I e-mailed the Days Inn Corporate office just informing us on how bad our room was, and that one couple felt as though they needed to sleep in the car, and they responded quickly saying that it was an owner-operated facility and that they were going to rely the message for us. I was okay with that. It took about two weeks for Days Inn Clayton to get back with us, and, if anything, their response just made the experience that much worse! The G.M. of Days Inn Clayton never once said "I'm sorry" in the letter to just apologize on how his establishment made us feel, and he basically insulted us the whole time saying that his hotel standards are "very high" and that our room was "very clean" and that they even "cut us a deal" because we'd only be there for a few hours. What a joke!! The place is a dump, and for being in the south, there was no hospitality towards us at all!! I would love to see this establishment go under hard. Management there could care less about their over-paying customers, and everyone who was employed there had the work ethic of an infant and didn't know proper manners. Also, did I mention there is a disgusting Mexican restaurant underneath of it?! I'd give it a lower rating, but a 1 is the lowest I could go! While I am at it, I wouldn't even recommend visiting the crummy town of Clayton, GA. We still had four hours to kill after leaving our dumpy hotel, so we went to some local bars. We spent about two hours at a place that limited us to four cups per pitcher, meaning one of us had to pay for a separate drink the whole time, and our actual waitress served us only ONE pitcher, never checked on our drinks, so when we refilled we had to go to the bar ourselves. It wasn't that big of a deal until she flat out called us out on our "crappy" $3 tip on our $28 bill that she only contributed about $6 of service. If Clayton, GA represents what this so-called "southern hospitality" is about, then the south has got to be one of the rudest areas I've ever been to!!!

Room Tip: Your vehicle is a better place to sleep than this dump. Drive a few more minutes down the road and s...