“Ok for hiking on the cheap”
Review of Days Inn Clayton

Days Inn Clayton
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Clayton
Reviewed August 10, 2013

There are maybe five choices of budget hotels in this area, we chose this one due to proximity to Black Rock Mountain. Pros: free speedy wifi, cheap ($72 walk in rate, you can likely do better in advance online), AC worked great, plenty of fluffy pillows, clean, fridge in the room, quiet on a Friday night in August. Cons: water pressure was terrible, in room coffee pot malfunctioned. I didn't turn on the TV, and didn't investigate the free breakfast. I've eaten at the mexican restaurant downstairs on a prior trip, and it was ok too.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor in the back. It was quiet on a Friday night.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Andy P, General Manager at Days Inn Clayton, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you for your response. We try to make each guests stay as comfortable as possible. We want to improve our service for every guest. and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I booked this hotel with some degree of trepidation after having read some of the reviews on here. We needed a place urgently and within a strict budget, and so this Days Inn was what we decided on.

I honestly cannot figure out what some of the bad reviews are for. We stayed in a room on the second floor, and it was very clean. The instant we checked in, I went over the entire room to be sure it was clean. The mattress was very clean, and looked new. The sheets and blankets looked and smelled clean. The room was excellent for the price. It did not look brand new, but it was very clean.

As for noise, it is close to the street, but the sound of the AC unit drowned out any noises during the night. The only time I really heard anything was when a firetruck went by with the siren going.

The continental breakfast was minimal, and would have been my only real complaint. However, it was not really an issue for me because there was a Huddle House directly across the street and there is no better place for breakfast :)

A note about my rating: I gave the review 4 stars, not because it is a 4 star hotel (it's not), but because in my experience, it was an excellent example of an economy hotel. The staff was friendly, and the hotel was very clean.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Andy P, General Manager at Days Inn Clayton, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you for the review. We strive to give our guests the best service we can for the value. We hope to have you visit again.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

To begin with this is the first time I have ever stayed at a Days Inn and the first time I have ever visited this town. The choices for lodging are extremely limited and we where happy to have found a place with rooms at the last minute and on a weekend. We where really only here to sleep and after whitewater rafting all day we found the accommodations where fine. The hotel staff was very pleasant. The room had been somewhat updated, but black and yellow carpeting would have not been my first choice. But the mattress and sheets where nice. Unlike other reviewers the shower pressure and temperature where great. Also in the room has a refrigerator, coffee maker, and I believe a microwave as well. I think the rates could have been a little lower for what the hotel is but it is fine, clean, and safe, also downtown Clayton is rather cute with some nice bars and restaurants !!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Andy P, General Manager at Days Inn Clayton, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Thank you for your review. We keep working to give our guests the best stay we can. We want you to return to stay with us again and strive to ensure that you remember us on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Thank Mary. F
Andy P, General Manager at Days Inn Clayton, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Reviewed June 7, 2013

After staying in hundreds of hotels/motels in the US, this one has to rank on the bottom. The water pressure is extremely low and the water never gets beyond luke warm. There are not enough electrical outlets in the room to accommodate the lights or computers. But the worst thing is the constant noise especially early in the morning. The trash truck arrives around 5:30-6am to wake you up just before the real noise begins for the day. The owner seems to be a very nice man who wants to take care of the guests but the manager has a "my way or the highway" approach to problem solving in the motel. There was a swarming ant problem denied by management that caused me to have to buy two new toothbrushes and rinse out my clothes on the floor to remove the ants. The iron deposited black soot all over my clothes. Some pretty creepy people hang out during the week making you question your safety at night. Towels were worn and frayed as well as one day damp when delivered. The toilet was so loud when flushing that I hated to flush at night because it would wake up my neighbors. The room had an air freshner smell upon arrival which transformed into a moldy, nasty smell that permeated the room. Door would not open with key until after three tries and the lock on the door was not secure. Breakfast consisted of cheap donuts, dry bagels and minimal fruit such as apples/pears.The only saving grace was the bed which was very comfortable. Do not try to report these problems because the manager will show you the door and tell you not to let it hit you in the tail when you leave. Such a shame because the owner tries so hard to make things right and probably is doing the best he can but needs to find competent help.

Room Tip: Do not choose a room on the restaurant side. Try to get a room close to the office and away from the...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank mabel b
Andy P, General Manager at Days Inn Clayton, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

We are sorry you were disturbed by the trash truck and we have spoken to them to ask that they arrive later in the day. We have upgraded our rooms making them more comfortable for our guests. We hope on your next visit we can accomodate your needs

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I've stayed here in the past and the place has had improvements made since then which was a nice touch.The pool was painted bright blue.The room interiors were repainted and new bedding/sheets,etc. and new carpeting.
The things I noticed that needed attention or that I didn't like were the water pressure in the shower trickled out from an apparent shower saver.They turn off the air conditioner when you leave when staying more than one night lodging and they don't provide tissues in the holder.The bathroom lighting wasn't working(periodically would flicker and go dim).
The continental breakfast wasn't well appointed for my taste.I like more than fruit loops and corn flakes for cereal and carbohydrate pastries.They did have bananas for fruit.

Room Tip: stay on the north side rooms as the south side rooms haven't been remodeled yet.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Andy P, General Manager at Days Inn Clayton, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Thank you for your review. When we get input form our guests we can assess what we can do to make each guests stay even better. We are working on the water pressure issue and hope to get a resolution soon. Thank you again

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Nasty front desk No responance to troubles
TV picture very poor reported no help
could not call out on phone reported desk said we were wrong but then desk checked ansd could not call out cell had no signal so we could call local
family.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Andy P, General Manager at Days Inn Clayton, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

We are sorry you had problems with the phone during your stay. Unfortunately because we are located where we are in the mountains, we have issues with cell service. As I remember the day we were having power problems due to storms and found phone service out. We do take guest needs and concerns very seriously. The phone lines were serviced within a short time. Unfortunately cell service is beyond our control. We hope that you will return to the area and take advantage of the natural beauty of the mountains.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clayton
Americas Best Value Inn
7 mi away
Mountain Valley Inn
Mountain Valley Inn
#2 of 3 in Dillard

Been to Days Inn Clayton? Share your experiences!