“lost and loney in GA”
Review of Days Inn Clayton

Days Inn Clayton
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Clayton
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Nasty front desk No responance to troubles
TV picture very poor reported no help
could not call out on phone reported desk said we were wrong but then desk checked ansd could not call out cell had no signal so we could call local
family.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Andy P, General Manager at Days Inn Clayton, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

We are sorry you had problems with the phone during your stay. Unfortunately because we are located where we are in the mountains, we have issues with cell service. As I remember the day we were having power problems due to storms and found phone service out. We do take guest needs and concerns very seriously. The phone lines were serviced within a short time. Unfortunately cell service is beyond our control. We hope that you will return to the area and take advantage of the natural beauty of the mountains.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

From my room at the hotel I could see north to a view of Black Rock state park. I also looked over the pool which was very pretty. The room was clean the bed was comfortable and the carpet looked new.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side have the best view. Upstairs are quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Andy P, General Manager at Days Inn Clayton, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you for the review. Black Rock is a great view from here . We hope you will stay with us again on your next trip to our area. You can take advantage of the walking trails and our many area waterfalls.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Let me begin by saying that if you ever find yourself in Clayton, then hie yourself quickly to the nearest mahor artery and get OUT of there. Things weren't looking good as we wiggled our way down the windy mountain road to the nearest place to our nieces wedding reception that was listed. There isn't much to Clayton.

Days Inn can be nice if not the most luxury. I have stayed in plenty. However, this Days Inn, right off a major highway, the better to hear the thundering trucks going by, was a disappointment. It is also one of the only hotels around. The room was okay, but the bathroom shower had water pressure so weak I thought I was going to have to wash my hair in sections. The room was over the parking lot. And those were the GOOD rooms. Some of the other rooms I saw were over a restaurant of some sorts. If you're looking for cheap, you may save a few bucks here. But if you like your surroundings less grim, head down the road a piece.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Andy P, General Manager at Days Inn Clayton, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

I must agree that we are on the main route in Clayton, but it affords each guest easy access to th many attractions in our town. Many are in walking distance of the motel. I am glad you found the rooms nice. We strive to make them clean and comfortable for all. Water is provided by the city in our area. There may have been a leak or broken pipe somewhere in the city that would cause our low pressure but normally we don't have that issue. We will look at the your issue with the city . Thank you for the review .We take each seriously. We will look at it closely and do whatever is necessary.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

We were in Tallulah Gorge area for a family reunion in August (yes I am late doing this). Due to low turnout some people went home and my cousin offered my husband and I her room at the Days Inn in Clayton. She paid over 75.00 and had only been at room for a minute and couldn't get a refund which she expected..Even though I paid her only $25.00 I cannot even say it was worth that... The first thing I saw after 10 mins of being there was a roach bug running across the sink. I hate roaches they are gross and nasty. The carpet was very dirty so I wouldn't take off shoes and wouldn't sleep in bed. But sat in only clean looking chair till daylight and left. The room was terrible and had some very bad renovations done on it also it appeared. Just a bandaid really on otherwise terrible hotel. Gave it a 2 because we could go to pool and it didn't look too bad. Very surprised as MOST of the Days Inn we have stayed at in past have been at least fairly decent if not nice. I will never go there again and suggest no one else do either.

Room Tip: All I can say is check Trip Advisor if at all possible before booking and look for recent reviews...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Andy P, General Manager at Days Inn Clayton, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

We are sorry your stay was less than you wanted. If you informed the front desk about having seen some type of bug, I can guarantee you it would have been addressed immediately. We take every precaution to be sure our rooms are clean hospitable and comfortable. Again, we do not want unhappy guests so we strive to improve with every comment.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Andy P, General Manager at Days Inn Clayton, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2012

Reviewed November 2, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DIONE R
Andy P, General Manager at Days Inn Clayton, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

Reviewed October 30, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Angela R
Andy P, General Manager at Days Inn Clayton, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clayton
Quality Inn & Suites Mt. Chalet
Mountain Valley Inn
Mountain Valley Inn
#2 of 3 in Dillard
Lake Rabun Hotel & Restaurant

Been to Days Inn Clayton? Share your experiences!