$70
Americas Best Value Inn(Clayton)(Great Value!)
$80
$79
Beechwood Inn(Clayton)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgolf courseindoor poolplay golfspa treatmentspro shopfitness centerin great shapelooked greathiking trailtennis courtsexcellent golfmountain golfgrounds are beautifulnice staygolf tripgreat mountainbreakfast was included
Reviewed December 2, 2013

This was my first stay at Kingwood. Friendly staff. Hot buffet-full breakfast. Firm mattress as experienced by me.

My stay was part of a wedding party over a couple of days....so you can imagine all the folks, all the concerns, all the mishaps, all the excitement. In particular, I want to say thank you for the assistance that the staff provided when I left something within the room (after little sleep and certainly all the excitement of the wedding!). After discovering that I had left one of my favorite pillows (that I take everywhere with me on my travels), I called Kingwood and they promptly located the pillow and determined with me how to return it. Thank you!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Elizabeth R, Manager at Kingwood Country Club & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your first visit at Kingwood and am hopeful that you will return! Our staff does an excellent job providing quality and personal customer service. The resort is open all year and affords our guests comfortable lodging, dining, indoor pool and day Spa as well as golf weather permitting. So if you are looking to get away this winter season keep Kingwood in mind. Again, you are very welcome and thank you!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I have been going to Kingwood since 2002 and I have not one single complaint. It's in a beautiful setting with a great mountain golf course. The staff goes the extra mile to accommodate you. In the eleven years I've been going there, no one has EVER been rude to me or my family. If you love golf,peace with nature and yourself,you need to check this place out. If you are demanding of 5 Star service for a 1 Star price, go someplace else and get mad there.

• Stayed: September 2013
Elizabeth R, Manager at Kingwood Country Club & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Thank you for your kind review! We do strive at Kingwood to provide quality service and memorable experiences for our guests. Hope to have you back soon.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I have been staying at your place for 10 years when I take my kids to camp and pick them up. The kids and I have always enjoyed staying there and looked forward to eating your breakfast in the the dining room. This past visit in July, the breakfast was served in the lobby in a make-shift location and not nice at all. You should have informed the guests when they made reservations that the price remains the same, but there won't be breakfast - just coffee and muffins in the lobby.
Bring back the good service .... And the guests will come back.

Room Tip: Ask if breakfast is being served in the dining room. They advertise it, but they changed it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DebbyL60

We appreciate your return visits to Kingwood for sure! We created a seating area, bar and food area for continental breakfast and grab and go lunches. The continental breakfast is served Monday through Friday and items included in this breakfast include sausage biscuits, fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, muffins, assorted bagels and other items as well. There is a large flat screen television in this area as well. We do offer full breakfast buffet every weekend through season and during the week when occupancy warrants. Thank you for your response and we do hope that you will visit it this summer as camp season begins!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Clayton is a very scenic area of northeast Georgia and is only an hour away, which permits nice day trips. Because we were to attend a wedding and surrounding activities, we decided to stay at the site of one of the receptions, Kingwood. The check-in was quick and hospitable, and the location is very restful and has great environmentally friendly views. The complimentary breakfast was good and had variety. The reception we attended was a bit crowded for the small bar area, and the bartender was a bit curt with some of the guests. The dinner, however, was impeccably served and the food was excellently prepared and the flavors bended nicely in an lodge-like dining room. The guest room was small and very reminiscent of mid-50s rooms with two beds and small spaces on either side. The vanity area was adequate, but small, as was the bath area. There is poor cellular service in the area; in fact, we had to go outside to use cellular phones. The dining facilities are far enough away from the rooms in separate buildings to warrant driving if elevated areas are a problem. I am not a golfer, but the golf course looked great and I overheard golfers expressing a positive experience and there is a lot of hiking area. Friends of ours stayed in a two-bedroom condo which they enjoyed. I would probably ask for one of those rather than a room for a return visit.

Room Tip: The guest rooms near the dining area and golf shop are positioned like steps; one a bit more elevated than the other and are two floors. The condos are a better selection, even though they are further away.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Two days here while attending wedding in Clayton. Service was friendly at check-in and accommodated our request for late check-out. Room was fine with great view (plenty of Hot water). Outdoor pool facility was perfect - did not use indoor pool but it looked great as well. Good continental breakfast in dining room - dining area very nice with view. Relatives that golfed enjoyed the course. Overall, very good experience - much, much better than some of the reviews that I read!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family