The resort is in a beautiful setting. The golf course is very nice. That is the only reason it got two stars from me. First thing I was told on arrival was the ice maker may or may not work. Hot water not working, toilet leaking, mold around tub, ancient bedspreads, old dingy smelling room. The maid was aware of the leaky toilet, so she stuffed a towel behind it to catch the leak. Staff blamed it on the fact that this is the slow season when they "fix things." When I reported the leaky toilet for the second time, they asked me if I wanted them to fix it...duh... Beautiful wood floor in lobby looks like it has not been polished in years, Continental breakfast was worse than a cheap roadside motel. The day the restaurant was open while we were there, there were 4 items, scrambled eggs, bacon, grits(all in one lump) and biscuits. No other choices. Oh yeah, they did have the no name oatmeal and hot water. When I talked to the staff about the problems, I pointed out that nobody had even mentioned any form of compensation. One fellow chimed in, "How did you know we were not planning to?". No compensation was offered. We could have moved to another room with no hot water. There appeared to only be three rooms occupied. One would think they would have at least three rooms that were fit for guests. Tried to get a massage at the spa. No answer, so I drove. Girl was sitting by phone reading. I asked her to see about booking a massage that day, but she never called back. Only 3 cars parked, so I assume only 3 guests in the hotel, but no openings??? Spa looked nice, but it was empty and service was non-existent. Better hope you don't get locked outr after 5pm. The staff leaves. No way to call after hours either. Luckily, each room had its own phone number, so we were able to tell folks how to call directly. Switchboard is closed after 5. My friend wanted a hot dog for his son after golf, but the only one on the hot dog rollers was burned. They did offer to warm one up in the microwave. Nothing but the best....He went to McDonalds instead. My wife and I both have sore hips and backs from the mattresses. This could be an oustanding destination resort if the hotel had decent management. It is a shame to see it go to waste like this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Getting away from it all has never been so convenient. With luscious dining options, world-class golf, hair-raising adventure opportunities, and plush lodgings - all accompanied by the stunning mountain views, Kingwood Resort is the perfect vacation retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Kingwood Country Club & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kingwood Country Club Hotel Clayton
- Kingwood Country Club And Resort