All reviewsgolf courseindoor poolplay golfspa treatmentspro shopfitness centerin great shapelooked greathiking trailtennis courtsexcellent golfmountain golfgrounds are beautifulnice staygolf tripgreat mountainbreakfast was included
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Wow- Clayton, Georgia is amazing this time of year! After prior stay with Kingwood a few years back, there was no question on where to stay! The banquet lady ( whom I cannot remember her name) two years ago helped us make a wonderful weekend retreat for our church. Going back but this time with just my family made Kingwood a no brainer! Sadly, Kingwood is not the same. The staff was not pleasant and the rooms have taken a horrible turn for the worse. I tried to get some help with more pillows and the hotel manager was horribly rude! The food was so so. The spa was very nice and very clean for the mountains. The golf course was nice as well.

Clayton is a great place to visit, but next year we will be taking our business else wear, for family and my church retreats.

• Stayed: October 2012
6  Thank MrCrumps
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I just recently had my wedding at Kingwood and had a wonderful time! Most of my guests who stayed there found it charming and of a great value. The ceremony was magnificent and I must say I greatly appreciate the Banquet Staff. THEY WERE FANTASTIC! They were always so attentive to our needs and didn't even complain when we stayed a tiny bit longer than planned.

Elizabeth, our coordinator and liason with Kingwood did absolutely everything she could to make sure everything went off without a hitch. She worked with our every whim, need, or request with amazing energy. She is truly a gem.

As for the rooms, condos, etc... they were great. I loved them and found them very comfortable and well worth every penny (though the package pricing with our event was unbeatable and very good). It really took a lot off of my mind that so many of my friends and family were being so well taken care of.
The scenery, too, is fantastic and anyone who plays golf, wants just a little vacation, whatever MUST visit Kingwood. It is absolutely breathtaking.

Now for the sour. One of my guests had an issue upon checkout. Though he checked out of the room a few hours before the ceremony was to start, he went to the bar area to wait until it was time to get ready (he was one of the best men). He was told he had to leave and then, when waiting at the spa (where the rest of the bridal party was getting ready), he was told again to leave. It did not prove to be an issue in the long run, but It would have made things easier had he been able to at least stay somewhere to wait for the remaining party.

Still! Everything was amazing, wonderful, spectacular, and any other pretty word I can think of. My wedding was better than I could possibly imagne it, and all because of the hard work of Kingwood and its helpful and stellar staff.

Room Tip: The condos are worth it
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank mtncamper
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Stayed one night The rooms need renovating Breakfast was ok but need more of a variety
Golf course is th only thing going for this resort the greens were nice Now the condos are very nice
2 and 3 bedroom with spacious master bedroom and all if the amenities of home
The spa was average with a indoor pool and nice sauna room. The town has little to offer as far as entertainment. Visit the parks and eat at ishy's It's the hidden gym in the entire town

Room Tip: Stay in the condos They are very nice The rooms are outdated and need renovation
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank marq7654
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Drove to Kingwood today with 3 golfing friends and played. It was well worth the drive. The course was in great condition and scenery is next to none. The course is quite challenging and is what I call placement golf instead of just grip it and rip it. Lots of elevation change that makes club choice important. Bent grass greens held great and rolled true.
The club hose and pro shop are extremely nice and customer service was perfect.
We will be back soon!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 13, 2012

The golf course is wonderful and the service is superb. The grounds were very well kept. The rooms were disappointing as they needed updates. The bathrooms are very large and their is a small fridge in the room. The food at the Club was not good at all. It is $25.00 per plate for a dinner meal and not worth it at all. The waitress who seated us looked discusted that we wanted to eat dinner there. The actual waitress who served us was fantastic. The golf is well worth the trip but the food and accommodations are average.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple