“Wonderful Unexpected Culinary Delight”

Fortify Kitchen and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Fortify Kitchen and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 56 Restaurants in Clayton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: At Fortify Kitchen & Bar, expect great food, delicious cocktails and impeccable service in a comfortable environment. We will always support sustainability in our area by using produce sourced from local small farms and growers, all natural, hormone-antibiotic free meats and proteins, and sustainable seafood sources and give back to the great community we call home!
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Visiting from Savannah, GA, and wanted to eat somewhere unique and local. This was a wonderful surprise. The drinks are great. The food is local, fresh, and innovative. Everything was perfectly on point from the black-eyed pea hummus and homemade chips to my red lentil burger and herb seasoned fries. My husband had the quail and grits. He said the quail was succulent and perfectly prepared. The grits were like none I have ever had. My only disappointment is that I thought I ordered a bourbon chocolate selection for dessert, but somewhere in the translation, I ended up with peach cobbler. I don't like cooked fruit, but my husband said it was wonderful.

Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

We normally make the trek to Atlanta for a special meal but came to Fortify on a recommendation from friends. We fell in love with the atmosphere of the place the minute we walked in. Service from Samantha was fabulous as well as all the other staff, including one of the owners, Jack. The drinks and food were out of this world! The love that the chef has for good, fresh ingredients is evident in every bite! I've eaten at some pretty impressive places in the States as well as abroad and this ranks right up there at the top! How awesome that we are only 45 minutes away! We will definitely be back and won't wait for another special occasion!

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Our party of four had an excellent meal last night even though they were also serving a wedding party of 40 in a back room. Decor is attractive and food was outstanding.Do make a reservation! The owners are on site and attentive.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

My wife and I had a really nice lunch in between visits to farms on the Farm tour.
Food was good, service was pretty good, atmosphere was fun.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

The food is amazing and modestly priced. Fine dinning like any more expensive restaurant in Atlanta. Great atmosphere and unique décor. The bar has a hook so that the ladies can hang their purse in front of their knees. The wait staff is very attentive but not overly so. They were adding a room and outdoor area when we were there in May, 2014. They stay busy so make a reservation. There is plenty to see in Clayton prior to the dinner or lunch hour. The restaurant is right in the middle of the shopping area. This is gourmet cooking at its finest and the portions are ample.