“Excellent chef's cut”

Fortify Kitchen and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Fortify Kitchen and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 56 Restaurants in Clayton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At Fortify Kitchen & Bar, expect great food, delicious cocktails and impeccable service in a comfortable environment. We will always support sustainability in our area by using produce sourced from local small farms and growers, all natural, hormone-antibiotic free meats and proteins, and sustainable seafood sources and give back to the great community we call home!
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I get an antipasto and the chef's cut rare. Best tenderloin I've ever had. Excellent. I don't nearly care for their weekly specials as much. Good, friendly service.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

After spending 22 years in the country club business, and having visited some of the best restaurants here and abroad, I can easily say that Jack and Staff have this down pat!

We all loved the ambience, had a superb lady server who described everything to a tee, and then we all enjoyed one of the best meals ever!

Can't WAIT to go back since we all said we would. Let's try the Sunday Brunch, lunch with the Girls and then repeat the process............including dinner with the Guys........many times :)

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Had dinner there that was wonderful! A Plus was the bread bucket they gave you with great selection of breads that actually had a nice outer crust. :) Only dislike is that we felt a few items were very salty.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

I've been on all 7 continents and all 50 states at least twice and eaten in many highly acclaimed restaurants, but I don't think I've enjoyed a meal any more than this one. I'm usually a very fast eater, but I actually divided a single green bean into three bites to savor the flavor. We didn't realize we needed reservations for dinner and were told there would be a two hour wait. They let us eat at the bar instead, and we were treated like we were family. There are a lot of great places to eat in this area, but this is my new favorite.

1  Thank JoFo2014
Reviewed July 5, 2014

The food here is great and much of it is local which is a plus. The service is fine. The location is really nice as it is right in downtown Clayton. A couple things to keep in mind though:
This place is pretty small so you will need reservations.
The front room is very loud if it is even half full so this may not be the place to go for a romantic date.
Don't think that everything on the menu is going to be local, in fact, just a few things are. Everything is good though.

All in all I'll be back - this would be a great spot to stop by with some friends to have a good time and enjoy some great cooking.