“Nice place to meet up with friends and have some great food”

Fortify Kitchen and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Fortify Kitchen and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 56 Restaurants in Clayton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At Fortify Kitchen & Bar, expect great food, delicious cocktails and impeccable service in a comfortable environment. We will always support sustainability in our area by using produce sourced from local small farms and growers, all natural, hormone-antibiotic free meats and proteins, and sustainable seafood sources and give back to the great community we call home!
Reviewed July 5, 2014

The food here is great and much of it is local which is a plus. The service is fine. The location is really nice as it is right in downtown Clayton. A couple things to keep in mind though:
This place is pretty small so you will need reservations.
The front room is very loud if it is even half full so this may not be the place to go for a romantic date.
Don't think that everything on the menu is going to be local, in fact, just a few things are. Everything is good though.

All in all I'll be back - this would be a great spot to stop by with some friends to have a good time and enjoy some great cooking.

There are newer reviews for Fortify Kitchen and Bar

Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Service was great (Amber was awesome), food was fresh and delicious. We had Gouda fritters, fried green tomatoes (gluten free, yea!), fish, chicken & a burger. All were yummy & dessert was a bonus!

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Spirit-filled food describes the dishes served whether appetizers, entrees, or dessert. Don’t deny yourself the Gouda Fritters with Strawberry Pepper Jelly. Then give in to having some soup. The Swordfish Chowder was so delicious I asked for more. The bacon wrapped quail on Chattooga Belle Farm grits traveled well. I deliberately ordered it to go since I wanted something grand at the end of my five hour trip back to the central Georgia fields of peanuts and corn. I was wowed: everything was as satisfying as though it was fresh from the kitchen! The desserts are outrageously tempting, but I must steer you toward the Grand Marnier Orange infused Crème Brule.
Food that is satisfying, mindful of the planet, and collaborative with the farmers who bring it to its peak of goodness is what Fortify aims to bring to the table. The wait staff is well trained and knowledgeable, the management is attentive to every customer, and even large groups get the same personal attention as a two topper.
Lunch served 11:30 – 2:30 Thursday – Saturday. Reservations are strongly suggested for the evening meals. A place with one of America’s Best Chefs will not have empty tables nor unfulfilled expectations. Let yourself experience the wholesomeness and wonder of thoughtfully prepared food.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

Jack, the owner operator was a doll! We had a wonderful meal, great service and would definitely return! I had a chicken breast stuffed with smoked Gouda and a crimini mushroom-sherry sauce, risotto and spinach- wish I could cook like that!!

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Fortify is such a shot in the economic arm for downtown Clayton! I finally got to go while entertaining an out of town business associate and wanted to impress him......Fortify knocked it out of the ballpark. The bartender was Kelly and we thoroughly enjoyed sitting at the bar and watch her expertise in mixology! My guest said it was one the best old fashions he has ever had. Nikki was our server and was such a treat! Always smiling and so attentive. The food.....what can I say? The filet melted in our mouths and the crab cakes were the BEST I have ever had. My guest is a world traveler and he commented to me that Fortify is one of the best meals and experiences he has ever had dining out. He wanted to go back and eat again on Friday after our event but we did not have a reservation......they stay booked so do make a reservation! People who travel to Clayton
assume because it is a small town, you can just walk right in and get a table.....not at Fortify. Make your reservation, well worth every penny! Thanks Jack and Jamie for giving us Fortify!

2  Thank Irene B