“Best BBQ Period”
Review of The Wicked Pig BBQ

The Wicked Pig BBQ
Ranked #2 of 56 Restaurants in Clayton
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Description: We serve competition quality BBQ. Pulled Pork, Huge racks of Spare Ribs, Beef Brisket, Smoked Chicken, we have the best wings in the county, great burgers and Ice Cold Beer. Everything is made fresh from scratch, we make our own dry rubs and BBQ Sauces. All of our Sauces have won awards in competition, and we never put any sauce on our meats. We feel our meats hold their own without any sauce at all. However, we have a Georgia Red, a South Carolina Mustard, a North Carolina Vinegar Pepper, a North Alabama White and a Jack Daniels-Apple BBQ Sauce, all of which we make ourselves. Barbecue, Wings & Beer. BEST food for a hundred miles or more.
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Absolutely amazing BBQ. We were visiting the area from South Florida on 4th of July weekend and this place came highly recommended. And we were so glad we stopped in. We had chicken and pulled pork and they were both moist, tender, with a perfect smoke ring, and had a nice warm smokiness to them. Baked beans were just right on the sweetness, Brunswick stew was meaty and very flavorful, fried okra was nice and crispy with not a hint of sliminess (I hate okra slime), coleslaw was crisp and refreshing and complimented the BBQ perfectly. Now the meat did not need any sauce whatsoever—and the sauces did not need any meat they were so good!! Four different house made sauces were available and the owner came out and explained each one. You ever had Alabama White BBQ sauce before? If you haven’t make sure you ask for some. I try the local BBQ restaurant whenever I travel across MERICA (that’s right I said MERICA) and this spot delivers! Well done Wicked Pig, well done.

There are newer reviews for The Wicked Pig BBQ

Reviewed July 6, 2014

We heard about this place from our rafting guide. It was a great tip. Everything was delectable - the pulled pork, the three kinds of sauce, all the sides. There was obviously great care and attention paid to all the flavors. Definitely some of the best barbecue we've ever eaten. And I disagree with a prior reviewer about cleanliness - everything was immaculate.

Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

If you are in the area you have to go here! I've eaten a lot of barbeque, and this is by far the best I've ever had. It was exactly the right mix of country home cooking (the kind where you get the idea that you're eating someone's family recipe) and carefully prepared high quality food with carefully selected ingredients. I've never been to a barbeque restaurant where the BBQ, sauce, and sides were all amazing. Any one of these would have made a great meal, but The Wicked Pig has all of them.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

The Wicked Pig is a slightly enigmatic food truck that is sometimes parked in the Walmart parking lot in Clayton. We had a couple of their smoked ribs, baked beans and coleslaw…we fell in love immediately. There was a perfect balance of tenderness and smokiness to the meat. The baked beans were sweet but not overly so, and the coleslaw was nice and cool!

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Love their chicken wings! I had the Colorado Gold sauce on my wings and they were divine. I really think these were the best wings I've eaten anywhere. We also tried the ribs which were awesome.....thick and meaty! I had a side of the fried okra, and it was heaven as well. You can't go wrong by eating here. Try it. You'll like it, I promise!