Quality Inn & Suites Mt. Chalet
Kingwood Country Club & Resort(Clayton)(Great Value!)
$119
$89
Groupon.com
Americas Best Value Inn(Clayton)(Great Value!)
$59
$73
Hotels.com
$130
TripAdvisor
All reviewschoice hotelssmelled freshsmall tablepattiesthe king size bedshort staynice roomflat screen tvhot breakfastbreakfast areathe young ladybiscuitsa great place to staytwo nightsnorth georgiacerealpillows
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This hotel is fine if passing thru the area and you are comfortable with a budget hotel. The room was clean, the breakfast was hot and the service was good. Very friendly service.

My only comment would be that I wold have preferred a room in the front of the hotel, not the back.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank FamilyGuyPBI
Reviewed August 20, 2013

The hotel was comfortable, the room was a little dated, no flat screen TV, had an old model. Room was spacious with 2 queen beds and a table. Had a small microwave and refrigerator. The breakfast was good, eggs, sausage and waffles, fruit and cereal and breads. Nothing fancy but it got us through the day. I would stay there again, the rate was real decent.

Room Tip: Even though its on the road I could not hear any road noise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Arrived late 10:30 p.m. Made reservation in jan 2013 and pre-paid for the room. Was given room 119, a non smoking room. Room smelled terrible. Smelled like old cigarette smoke and other bad, nasty, unidentifiable smells. Called the front desk. Was told that the only options were a smoking room or a suite that cost a lot more. We should have been offered the suite at no additional charge, but the front desk clerk offered no solution.

It was 10:30 at night, and I did not want to drive around town looking for another room, so I asked the clerk if she had some lysol I could spray around. she gave me a can of Airwick spray and we sprayed it until the can broke. we did not sit on the sofa, did not touch the bedspread, and slept on top of the sheets. We developed headaches from the bad smell.

The next morning I went to the front desk, told the clerk what happened. I asked for the price of the room to be refunded to my credit card. She called the manager and was told that I would be refunded my money and that the manager would contact me. The manager called me and I returned her call, but so far, I have no assurance from the manager that my money will be refunded. I will contact corporate tomorrow.

I have stayed in Sleep Inns and Comfort Inns in the past and had overall good experiences. I expected better that this from the Quality Inn Group. Will NEVER stay in another Quality Inn or any hotels in that group because of this experience.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this location I would be very hesistant to stay with this hotel group
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 448wigg
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Hotel room was pretty spacious. Room was fairly clean. The bathroom could use a little TLC (hair in tub). Grout needs to be redone. The location was central. We paid $80. Compared to the other places in town this was really nice. Breakfast had fresh eggs and sausage, bagels and yogurt. The staff were super friendly. I lost my phone… And the housekeeper turned it in.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank travelmore2day
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We were in the mountains for a girls trip and stayed here for one night. The room we were in was clean, had 2 double beds, but was disappointed to find that it was in the back of the motel, when so many of the rooms were not occupied. We had people next to us that had propped open their door and was sitting in their doorway smoking, so that was pretty unpleasant. According to the other posts where the prices paid of $90 and $112, we were overcharged, we paid $123 for our 1 night stay, and it was booked in advance. The staff was very pleasant, no complaints there, and did not get a chance to eat the breakfast as we went to the Dillard House for breakfast. I would go back again, but would specify that I do not want to be in a room out back, and would ask for a better rate.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family