“Decent food, awful service” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Seating
Atlanta, Georgia
“Decent food, awful service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stopped by this place per a recommendation from a local store clerk who said it was really good. Obviously the locals have a pretty low standard. The food was mediocre but spendy and the service was terrible. They acted like they were doing you a big favor letting you eat there. If this is one of the best places in Clayton I'd recommend driving right through town.

• 1 of 5 bubbles

currituck NC
“High hopes-dashed!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

My husband and I were on vacation, and normal rules of lunching were cast aside in hopes of finding some type of "local's favorite"...The signs upon entering the restaurant were encouraging.
They declared "We don't serve fast food, ....and allow us time to prepare your meal!" We waited an uncomfortably long time to be acknowledged and seated, almost to the point of doubt and self inspection! Within 5 seconds of actually giving up and leaving; a server came up and pointed us to an empty 2 top. As I gazed at the menu, I observed many dishes being delivered to tables around us, and I began to relax...confident I had chosen well. I noted that the sandwiches were hearty looking, though the onion rings were a bit dark. The patrons all appeared to be regulars, so I took that as a very good sign! Our waitress was friendly, and answered all our questions. I opted on a salad and glass of water...because I had every intent of ordering the creme brulee for dessert, and my husband ordered the tuna melt with fries.
Now, for a restaurant who's theme appeared to be "Seafood" my husbands sandwich was a huge disappointment. Yes, it's a tuna melt, but the two bites I took turned me off. Too fishy (cheap grade tuna) not in line with the cost of the sandwich at all, and way too much relish! BLECH! My salad was limp, unimpressive, and the blue cheese was served in a restaurant service container like half and half. Yikes! another let down. After all that, I wasn't the least bit interested. I couldn't wait to leave and get that taste out of my mouth! I don't see what the fuss is about. I tipped solely on the server's kindness. My advice? Keep on truckin.

Cleveland
“Great food at reasonable prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

While passing through Clayton, we tried Miss Meg's because it was the only restaurant in Clayton that had more than 1 or 2 cars at it. We had to wait a few minutes to be seated, but the food was outstanding. One of us had breakfast, and one had lunch, and both were served hot and fresh.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Perry, Georgia
“Chicken Salad to die for”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

I have to eat here and usually more than once. The breakfast is great - best french toast in the world, then the chicken salad on the fresh bread they make themselves is oh so good, then the shrimp at night..... If you have never eaten at Meg's you have to give it a try. You will be back. I usually bring some fresh bread home with me... so good.

Visited October 2011
Georgia
“Great fresh seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

Have eaten here about a half dozen times and have never had a bad meal. The seafood is fresh and superb. The staff are very friendly. It is worth the drive if you live within 50 miles of Clayton and if you are passing through this is the one place you do not want to miss.

Visited July 2012