“A great, healthy lunch!!”

Grapes & Beans Cafe
Ranked #6 of 56 Restaurants in Clayton
Cuisines: Healthy, Soups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Grapes & Beans has been serving a casual lunch in Clayton, GA for over 17years. We open at 9am for coffee and dessert options and lunch begins at 11am. Order at the counter, grab a drink, and enjoy a healthy, freshly prepared meal inside or on our kudzu covered porch!
Reviewed December 31, 2013

As long as I have lived in the Clayton area, I have very much enjoyed my trips to Grapes and Beans! The food is always wonderful!! The ingredients are fresh and the service is timely. A few of my favorite things include the local art covering the walls, the yummy pastries, as well as the local vineyard wine selections! When ever I have the opportunity to share this restaurant with friends or family, their responses are regularly "I'll be back"!

1  Thank FatKid5

Reviewed November 22, 2013

My husband and I have a home in nearby Lakemont, and Grapes and Beans is our regular lunch place. The great service, the consistently good food, and the friendly atmosphere is always present when we have eaten there.
In fact, if we don't get our bi-weekly Grapes and Beans fix, we get grumpy! The hummus plate with warmed pita bread and the reliable vegetable and cheese sandwich is my choice almost every time I eat there. :-) My husband always gets the special, and he is never disappointed. We love Grapes and Beans and recommend it for anyone desiring delicious fare in an intimate, home town feeling restaurant. We also adore the staff. :-) So, if you are ever in Clayton, give them a chance. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank David G
Reviewed November 14, 2013

My daughter and I had heard a lot of good things about G&B so we decided to do lunch there. We both ordered a sandwich plate which came with chips. The sandwich roll was hard as a rock and I'm not even sure what sauce was on it. It was completely unedible. The chips were plain tortilla chips...cold and tasted like straight from a bag. No salsa or something?! And the beverage was even disgusting...some unsweetened raspberry tea when all we asked for was regular tea! When I asked about sweetener, the girl behind the counter pointed silently at a pitcher of water sitting there. Apparently, you are just supposed to know it's sugar-water for sweetening your tea (and effectively watering it down as well).
We were there less than 20 minutes and did not enjoy the experience at all. When I went to pay, I politely told the cashier that we were not very happy with the entire meal and she shrugged her shoulders and ran my card for the full amount! No apology...no "let me get the manager" or anything. She SHRUGGED her shoulders! I finally asked to speak to the manager (if anything I only wanted to comment on the cashier's rudeness) but she just said, "She's busy." and promptly asked for the man behind us to step up and pay! Needless to say, I left no tip, we stopped at the local Dairy Queen instead and we will never return to Grapes and Beans again.

3  Thank FigmentOf Y
Reviewed November 12, 2013

A really delicious lunch. It was a cold day and we had chile and the vegetable chowder. Both were very hearty and tasty. They were well-seasoned and flavorful.

grapesandbeans, Manager at Grapes & Beans Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Thank you for coming in and writing such a nice review! Hope you come in for some more soup soon!

Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Great atmosphere and great food. You'll always find something healthy and tasty. I love the way they use fresh ingredients!

1  Thank C H