“Mexican food fit for a Texan!”

Manriques Mexican Store & Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 56 Restaurants in Clayton
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

A favorite for my wife and I every time we are in Clayton. A born and raised Texan I find Manriques one of the best, no nonsense, authentic Mexican restaurants east of the Mississippi! The tacos al pastor are rich and spicy. The chips and salsa are very fresh. The staff very friendly. You will be glad you stopped in.

2  Thank Purplemartin1

Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

The food wss certainly good, but most definitely not the best mexican food ever. Prices are VERY decent.

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

will be back for more great food the place is very clean and very good service easy to find served hot with not a long wait

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I whitewater kayak on the chattooga river frequently and after a full day of paddling there is only one place in Clayton we will go for food after... Manriques. My favorite thing to order is a chicken quesadilla and a Mexican coke. The quesadillas have fresh avocados and cilantro in them, very unlike most mexican restaurants. The super burrito is a favorite as well.

1  Thank Renee B
Reviewed October 2, 2013

After seeing the stellar reviews I was looking forward to a good meal. Service was just OK despite it being a slow night. Chips and salsa were very good. I ordered the enchiladas verde with chicken. The meat had an off taste, maybe greasy, and they pile the salad on top of the enchiladas. The look is not the best and I had to dig to reach my enchilada. The verde sauce was scarce. Probably one of the worst enchilada meals I have ever had. Bathroom was filthy too with the trash can overflowing on to the floor, and this was an early dinner not late at night. Not sure I'd go back, maybe, since the chips and salsa were good.