“Great Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Southeastern Expeditions

Southeastern Expeditions
Ranked #1 of 19 things to do in Clayton
More attraction details
Owner description: Whitewater Rafting on the Chattooga River. The Chattooga River is a nationally designated Wild and Scenic River and offers a true wilderness experience. Beginner Section with Class II-IV whitewater. 6 hours with lunch. Minimum age is 10 years old. Advance Section with Class III-V whitewater. 7 hours with lunch. Minimum age is 13 years old. 2 day overnight camping packages available. This a free flowing river so trips will fluctuate with water levels. Open from March through November.
Saint Charles, Missouri
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

Guides Autumn and Nate were fantastic. They were very knowledgeable about the river, very skilled, and demonstrated that safety was of the utmost importance. Our group of six had a great time. We were a little worried about the weather, as we rafted in October, but it warmed up nicely, and thanks to the wet suits we were very warm. It was a beautiful , scenic adventure!

Visited October 2013

Gainesville, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

My wife and I had a great time. The entire experience was flawlessly executed by the staff at Southeastern Expeditions. Everyone from the booking agent, Christine, our guide Eric, and the team leader Andy, were knowledgeable and professional, You will not be disappointed.

Visited October 2013
Norcross, Georgia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Team Awesome with Hunter!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

I took my god-son rafting for his 11th birthday. Hunter was our guide and our raft-mates were a father and son, early 60's, and early 20's respectively. I'm 40. We had a wonderful time! Before we got started, Hunter asked us what type of trip we wanted. We all agreed we wanted a wild versus a mild ride! I'm not sure how mild it was, considering the wide age range, but it was wild enough for us. We had a wonderful time! Hunter was an amazing guide-we played games and shared stories on the less intense parts of the ride. I especially appreciated Hunter's encouragement, as it was my god-son's first time rafting. I also like that Hunter made safety a priority. Even though my god-son complained after we got home that he felt like "a snake is squeezing my arm", we'd go back again!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank AREED72
Florida
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Poor day on the Chattooga due to Anna!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Have been white water rafting before and took another trip in July 2013 with Anna as our guide. I knew she was inexperienced (or something) due to hitting every rock possible on the trip down. (She had to get out of the boat and stand in shallow water to bounce raft to dislodge, over 8tmes) With her as our captain, we paddled as she instructed, hitting obstacles all along the way. It hurt when my foot was wedged as it is instructed to be, after being run into many hard objects beneath the raft. She did say she hadn't been on the river since the week prior, in her excuse. The other guides knew her capacity and had set us as last with others giving her advise along the way, or trying to kid her to make it better. We tried to make light of it but the worst was coming. You see, if a person is inexperienced in guiding a boat, then they should not to be a guide of a group going down a Class 4. When we got to the falls, another guide was put in front to "guide" the boat over. She missed the mark or the opportunity of following his lead, and we were all almost killed. 5 total in our boat. 2 in my party. My 22 yr old son, (6 trips total on the Chattooga), had bruised ribs due to the front guide pressing (while trying to not fall forward out of the raft, had had his foot dislodged from being under the tubing and instead, had secured himself by pressing himself via his foot into the ribs of the nearest passenger. But this was totally due to Anna wedging the boat into the rocks at a 45 degree angle. He (the guide) was precariously falling forward, lost his footing and this was the result. He was about to fall head first into the pit below. Because we were stuck for some time with all others looking on helplessly, and all of us "down", he continued giving instructions for a long period of time. He hung over the front and nothing but the falls straight ahead of him. We actually were about to flip upside down. Wrestling for a long period of time, we finally managed to go sideways over the falls. Afterward, the guides were not saying much about how great a trip it was but telling her how "lucky" SHE was. As for Anna, who seems highly intelligent and terrific friends with the guys that were guides, she really shouldn't be putting human beings at this kind of risk.
Funny thing was that they offered us a 20% discount to go on another trip. They do that for everyone, and I don't think I will be using SEE again. Thanks NOC for my past safe rides without me realizing the real dangers!
I don't hold Anna responsible but SEE. Readers of Trip Advisor should be aware of a true problem with SEE. It seemed more important to have guides that were friends with each other than knowledgeable ones for the real dangers. The pics of the event were discussed with laughter by all the guides, who thought it was a hoot, and exclaimed again, how lucky Anna was. No pics of us, but only side of the raft, and Anna sitting at the top, out of the water.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank BHappynow
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“This trip was amazing and our guide, Autumn, was great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

What a beautiful river! The scenery and rapids are first class. My friends and I did the section 3 trip, having never rafted before, and we had a great time. There were 3 of us in our raft plus our guide, Autumn, who was amazing! The staff went our of their way to make our trip unforgettable. If you're anywhere near the Chattooga River this is a must do experience! I can't wait to do the section 4 trip!

Visited August 2013