All reviews glen ella springs garden house north georgia the penthouse queen room tallulah gorge fire pit rocking chairs gravel road wedding weekend warm hospitality tree swing short drive each morning guest rooms third floor luci
Reviewed June 13, 2010

We just had our wedding at Glen Ella. It was a perfect weekend: great food, great atmosphere, incredible set up and service. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a family reunion, romantic weekend, or a wedding!

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed June 4, 2010

Lovely Inn with lovely amenities. Staff makes you feel like you are visiting old friends who sincerely care about your comfort and enjoyment. Inspiring perennial and herb garden, interesting history, excellent dinner. We also enjoyed the nearby Georgia Folk Pottery Museum.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 21, 2010

I spent 5 days at Glen Ella Springs recently running a workshop for 10 super talented executives.
The place was magical!. Not only did the staff make every interaction and absolute pleasure, but the location with all the beautiful woodland made me feel fantastic.
I have worked all over the world and have been blessed to work in some of the most fantastic places on the planet. Now I have a favourite! Glen Ella felt more like home than anywhere I have been. Home cooked food, constant smiles and the most caring and genuine innkeepers I have met.
Thank you so much, I know it was hard to get me to leave!
Its a great business venue if you want to get folk into a different headspace and no one will look after you so well.
Book it!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 17, 2010

It's a nice place, clean and friendly. Certainly the most upscale summer camp experience you can have. Bed is comfy but the AC unit blows from the floor and the low setting is not low. The floors creak and the upstairs plumbing is loud--- but for being in the country on a dirt road, it's nice. No TV, which is good. Nice areas for walks and hikes--lots of birds--did not spot any deer.
The restaurant is ok but gourmet would be a real stretch of the word--it is good basic cookin--no frills. Good breakfast with excellent grits.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2010

Believe what you read in these reviews. I cannot think of any negative comments to say about this Inn. The Inn is a wonderful old structure, that sits on a secluded dirt road and is as quiet as anywhere I have ever stayed. We booked a suite which is perhaps one of the great values of all time. Wonderful verandas to sit and do nothing or read or just look at the scenery. The pool looked inviting but since it is only April 1 I would imagine to cold for me or my spouse. The staff...where to begin. Courteous, friendly, happy, helpful, chatty and just plain a joy to be around would just about say it all. Our anniversary dinner was as fine as could be had anywhere. My wife had the salmon, while I had the shrimp, and both of us ate more than we should have. The wine list features local wine which must be tried. We are by no means wine snobs but both of us totally enjoyed our selections. Chocolate cake and coffee for dessert. WOW By the way I believe we were the only guests at the Inn, it was a Wed. night in the early spring. Breakfast was also fabulous, and I recommend the biscuits. We had an opportunity to meet and enjoy a conversation with the owners. Now I understand the attitude of the staff. The owners lead by example and we felt like old friends by the time we left. As we were checking out my wife asked where she might find some batteries for her camera. "Right here" she was told and in a moment the clerk appeared with 4 AA batteries and would not take any money for them. What would we do different? Nothing except stay longer.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple