All reviewsglen ella springsgarden housenorth georgiathe penthousequeen roomtallulah gorgefire pitrocking chairsgravel roadwedding weekendwarm hospitalitytree swingshort driveeach morningguest roomsthird floorluci
Reviewed August 26, 2011

My husband and I celebrated our 38th anniversary and his 60th birthday (yes, we got married on his birthday) at Glen-Ella Springs. It was a thoroughly enjoyable experience. The inn is secluded in the woods near Clarkesville, GA. The grounds are beautiful, with gardens, wide open spaces, woods, and a running stream. Benches are positioned along the stream for your enjoyment of nature.
The staff at the inn are very friendly and do their best to make sure you enjoy your stay. We had dinner at the inn, and the food was wonderful! Breakfast the next morning was delicious. We will definitely be returning to Glen-Ella Springs!

Reviewed August 24, 2011

We had our first stay - Friday to Sunday - at Glen Ella Springs although we had known of it for years. Everything was beyond our expectations. Ed and Luci and staff are just as welcoming as advertised. Even one of their boys assisted on Saturday morning and he was a chip off the old block. After hiking Minehaha Falls, going to wine tasting events at Tiger and Persimmon Wineries and 2 fine evening meals at Gle Ella, we finished Sunday morning with Ed's blueberry pancakes and apple cinnanmon pancakes to make the weekend complete. We would return in a heartbeat! And intend to do so. It is no wonder that they are in the Registry of fabulous Inns!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 21, 2011

My husband and I stayed for just one night unfortunately, we could have stayed a week! This Inn has an ambiance the is just pure relaxation. From the moment we were greated an offered a late dinner ( which was incredible ) to the moment we left after spending a yummy homecooked breakfast, talking with inn keeper Ed. The grounds are beautiful, the room was quaint and so comfortable, not a detail was missed. We are thinking of returning for a longer stay in October!

1  Thank retaildad
Reviewed August 16, 2011

We stay for the weekend to celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary. It is defintely an escape from reality. Beautiful surroundings in the middle of nowhere. We had a great time. The pancakes on Sunday morning, melt in your mouth. They are sooooooo fantastic.

Room Tip: Queen rooms very small
1  Thank awinning
Reviewed August 1, 2011

My family visits Lake Rabun in northeast Georgia often. When we visit, we have had dinner at Glen-Ella Springs Inn and thought it was magnificent. This past weekend was my anniversary, and I decided to take my wife for a night away. We had a king room, and it was extremely nice, with a very comfortable bed. The bath ammenities were nice. There are no telephones and no TV (there are in a garden house) which was an added plus. The Inn is situated in the north Georgia forest, and is an old hotel/homestead. It looks like an old stagecoach inn that has been rennovated and decorated tastefully. The garden is magnificent, the pool is nice, and there seemed to be hundreds of rocking chairs perched along porches all around the inn. On the garden, my wife and I decided that it is actually a hummingbird convention center. Watching the hummingbirds was my favorite part of the stay, except for the food. We had a great dinner (as good as anything I have experienced elsewhere) and it deserves the award received as one of the Top Ten Dining Destinations in Georgia. I could go on and on, and my wife and I could have stayed for a week, but alas, we had to leave. We will be back. Our name here is KidsGoToo. On that point, we used it as a romantic getaway, but I saw children there and what was fantastic about that was the children seemed to have fun and were well behaved. I think the parents had something to do with that, but Glen Ella has a "family" policy of having everyone (guests included) hold down the noise after 10 pm. It was done very tastefully and becuase of that policy, I slept like a baby.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple