“"Try Your Hand at the Wheel Day"” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hickory Flat Pottery

Hickory Flat Pottery
More attraction details
Owner description: Hickory Flat Pottery is located in the beautiful North Georgia Mountains. Most of the pottery is made on site in the attached studio where customers may watch potters working daily. Additionally studio and kiln house tours are free and open to the public during kiln openings, approximately every three weeks.All of the pottery is functional, oven,dishwasher, and microwave safe. In the Gallery connected to the studio you will find the work of over 20 other artists including pottery, jewelry, glass, copper and metal art, fiber and wood.Monday-Saturday: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm,Sunday: 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm.
Alabama
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“"Try Your Hand at the Wheel Day"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

We visited the North Georgia Mountains for our first time to celebrate our twentieth wedding anniversary this year. My husband had always said he thought he would like to make pottery and when we saw this opportunity to try it we jumped on it. We both had SO much fun. Cindy and Cody were warm, friendly and encouraging. We bought a beautiful piece to bring back home to remember this day. Looking forward to visiting again as soon as we can! There are so many beautiful and functional pieces to choose from at Hickory Flat Pottery.

Visited February 2014
HFPOTTERY, Owner at Hickory Flat Pottery, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
A fun time was had by all at "Try your hand at the wheel day". We will do it again. Thank you for your nice comments !

Elgin, IL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love this Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

I was on a girls weekend with a friend of mine who lives in Atlanta and has a lake house in the mountains. We did a full day of shopping and stopping at about 5-6 little shops in the area (well all within 20-30 miles). This place was the best - had a hard time deciding on what I wanted as there was so much to choose from. I ordered several items that were shipped to me with the specific glaze I wanted. My favorite pieces are the soup bowls that I use specifically for French Onion Soup - can't find them in any retail store that you can here! Every time I use them I think of my wonderful trip to the mountains!

Visited November 2013
HFPOTTERY, Owner at Hickory Flat Pottery, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you so much. "Girls get-always" are so fun ! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay in the mountains and especially enjoyed Hickory Flat Pottery ! We Do try to Please !
Madison, Alabama
“The best place to be!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

Cindy and Cody make Hickory Flats such a great place to visit. Warm fire, beautiful pottery and great people! I love Hickory Flats!

Visited January 2014
I will pass your kind words on to Cody ! We have fun potting and also meeting nice people such as yourselves. We have the best jobs in the world! Can you tell ! Thanks for coming and hope we will see you soon again !
Homer, Georgia
“great shop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

love this shop!! I have several pieces of pottery from here and am in the process of purchasing dinnerware for my daughter.

Visited October 2013
My pottery is fun to collect one piece at a time, or by the place setting. We love doing special orders. Pottery is soooo personal ! So glad you enjoy and appreciate our work !
Antioch, Tennessee
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Cute Little Shoppe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

Not too far from Helen, and a beautiful drive to get there!

There was a great selection of pottery to choose from and even a nice gas-log fire going in one of the rooms. It was a cool find, and we purchased a pottery sponge holder.

Thanks, y'all! We'll visit you again when we come back!

Visited January 2014
HFPOTTERY, Owner at Hickory Flat Pottery, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you so much for your nice review ! We love making pottery, living in this beautiful place, and meeting wonderful folks like yourselves. We look forward to your next trip to the N.Ga. mountains and Hickory Flat Pottery. Have a great day !
Cindy