“Good Eats in northeast Georgia!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Grapevine's casual Italian dining
Cuisines: Italian
SAUTEE-NACOOCHEE
“Good Eats in northeast Georgia!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My husband and I are probably considered "foodies" in that we love to experience good food and we will eat at any new restaurant in our area, and love exploring new places to dine while traveling. We work at not eating at chain restaurants. Grapevine's is a place worth checking out if you find yourself in the Clarkesville, GA area. Tim, the owner, has consistently provided excellent cuisine over the years in this part of Georgia, so we felt sure we would not be disappointed when Grapevine's opened. The food is simply delicious! The staff members are friendly and competent, and children will find items on the menu as well. If you are looking for some good Italian food, wish to treat family or friends to a nice dining experience, then why not try Grapevine's in Clarkesville? I think you will agree – GREAT FOOD!

1 Thank Elizabeth C

Baldwin, Georgia
“Best Italian Food in this area!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

The best pasta, eggplant parmesan, Lasagna in this area. ...
Great wine list, service and you can make reservations. So glad they chose Clarkesville to come back to. We have eaten here 4 or 5 times in the past 8 weeks and each time the food gets better.
I highly recommend it.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Photobug46
Georgia
“Happy to have Italian in Habersham!!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Have eaten here twice and thought second time was better than the first. Not as fond of the bread they serve now, but food was good and salad was decent size. Wait staff was good also, attentive, but not intrusive!! Hope they stay around!!

1 Thank djtdoc
Clarkesville, Georgia
“3rd time was not the charm.”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I really had hoped this would be a wonderful Italian restaurant as the closest one that is any good is Olive Garden in Gainesville. This review does lean to the negative side, but the last experience was quite the disappointment.

This weekend was my third visit to Zanzo's new restaurant. My first two meals - a seafood sampler pasta and the salmon and beans - were both good meals. Service was decent, not superb, but not bad. Bread basket sat empty for a while as did the drinks - but I felt the price was fair for what we got.

On the second visit, we were served their new bread which tastes like it came out of a bag from the grocery store - not the bread that Zanzo's had or the bread they carried on our first visit. Something unexpected at a restaurant with these prices.

The 3rd visit will be the last. $16 for the Shrimp Florentine which consisted of a creamy spinach broth and 5 shrimp. Five - really? That's it? And no pasta to go with it? Maybe I should have read the menu better, but I expected pasta to be part of the dish (not as a side of pasta marinara fit to be in a Chef Boyardee can). I don't understand where the $16 went for this dish.

As much as I had hoped to support a local business and keep my tax money here, I'll make the drive to Gainesville when I want Italian.

1 Thank ArtL33
Helen, Georgia
“Addicted to their food!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We have eaten there probably 4 times in the past month. These are the same owners who used to own Zanzo's. The food it awesome! Great service also. You can even order take out. Average cost per plate varies from $8-15 depending on what you get but portions are large.