“Good food and great ambiance”

La Prade's On Lake Burton
Ranked #30 of 55 Restaurants in Clarkesville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The Chophouse at La Prade's on Lake Burton GA was the scene for my 61st birthday. The setting is romantic overlooking the lake and marina. We ordered one of the appetizer specials and it was great! 10 jumbo shrimp nestled on a bed of seafood salad and served in coconut shell. The real treat of the night was the tomato/basil foccocia bread. I know what you are thinking but it was to die for! It arrived at the end of our meal because we dined early and it was not out of the oven yet. Although that was a disappointment, the bread was so good (as was the dipping oil) that we soon didn't care. My wife ate it as her dessert it was so good!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We live in Rabun County, and we eat at The Chophouse every Sunday after church. Our service is always excellent, the prime rib and filet mignon are superior as is the fish. We love the manager, Jeff, and he always goes out of his way to make us feel like we are family. The waitresses are all very kind and willing to spend time chatting with us about our family, our trips, our grandchildren, and they always remember our names. We look forward to our Sunday "treat" at The Chophouse at La Prades. If you are in the area, don't miss out on a wonderful dining experience!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

It was my first time visiting the Lake Burton area. Can't say enough nice things about the staff,food,staying at the Delta cabin at the marina and overall beauty of the La Prade's facilities. As a boater, I have never been on such a beautiful lake like Lake Burton. The homes and overall setting made for a great couple days cruising around on my Grand Craft wooden boat. It was especially nice to meet the owners--Peter & Tina Anzo. They made me feel extremely welcome and most accommodating to there beautiful resort. If you are a boater, the dock staff was extremely helpful and your will find Ben Studer who runs the "The Boat Shop" one of the best professionals in the boating business. I will be back for sure !! Joe Cunius Valparaiso,IN

1  Thank Joe C
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Great food with a beautiful view of the lake, especially the outdoor seating. One of the best lobster tails I have ever had, and the prime beef is always perfectly prepared with a lively presentation. Friendly wait staff, nice wine selection. My husband and I love to go there in the warmer months for the romantic atmosphere.

1  Thank Teresa G
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Well, in the Lake Burton area for a special event in June 2012. Went late at nite, so CROWDING was not an issue. The service was VERY SLOW considering the place was almost empty! Not my first time there. Service seems to be an issue. Lost of people bustling around and nobody serving the customers. The food is generally pretty good. But Don't be in a hurry at any time of the day.

1  Thank Randy B