“Excellence at its best!”

Glen-Ella Springs Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Glen-Ella Springs Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 54 Restaurants in Clarkesville
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Orchard Road
Description: Casual fine dining in an historic country setting
Reviewed March 3, 2013

The food was excellent and flavorful! The service was also good. Very clean.
Try the sea scallops for the appetizer you will sit there and say this is the best I have ever had. I also had the beef tenderloin which was flavorful and just as I ordered it.

This will be a repeat!

1  Thank James C

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Homemade biscuits fresh from the oven with homemade jam...delicious soups, veges, entrees, and desserts!!!! I savored every bite!!!!

1  Thank Teresa S
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Glen Ella is by far the best restaurant in this region of northeast Georgia. We dine there about once every couple of months. There have been times when it's just a bit off, but even then it outshines anything else within reasonable driving distance.

Last evening I had the Caesar salad followed by the salmon. Their salads are always fresh and their homemade dressings unfailingly tasty. They've changed the presentation of their salmon; it's now served with a soy ginger glaze over rice with sides of fresh vegetables. The change is welcome and incredibly delicious.

My husband ordered the special seafood bisque followed by a seafood pasta. They were too heavy for my taste, but he loved every bite. We both had to have their always sumptuous signature Key Lime pie. We were fortunate that they had it on the menu last night as it's generally only on the summer menu.

They seemed to have had a turnover in wait staff which isn't a bad thing. Everyone was on their toes and our server, Erin, was awesome. She was attentive, friendly, yet never intrusive. We hope she stays around.

1  Thank D R
Reviewed January 8, 2013

The chef and his staff work their magic in the kitchen and the wait staff is quite friendly and make each dinner a memorable experience. The lamb and sea bass dinners were exceptional.

1  Thank redrooster89
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Top quality food and service is great. Romantic table near the fire.
The fish was very fresh and cooked to perfection. We where not able to change the sides that came with our entrée but that could of just been because it was New Years Eve and they had over 100 people to searve. I am sure you could switch them normally. The wine list was good and not over priced. Loved the port it was very smooth and normally I would have it with some fine cheeses but had it with dessert and it was a great match.

1  Thank Jerry J