“Best Pizza ever”

Cuisines: Pizza
Central Florida, Florida
“Best Pizza ever”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We went to visit some family in the little town of Clarkesville, Georgia and we were craving some pizza and subs. Its a small county eat in or take out pizza place on a back county road and we were pleasantly surprised. The owners were friendly with good service and the Pizza was excellent. My husband also had a philly steak sandwich and said it was excellent and just like being in a sub shop in Philadelphia. I shared the best all beef burger I have ever eaten and the real fresh cut French fries were to die for. Its a little county place that serves up great tasting fast food with a pleasant county smile. I would yes recommend this.

• Visited November 2013

Maiden, North Carolina, United States
“Excellent New York pie with a hometown twist!”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We were referred to Mama Dar's for pizza by another local restaurant and checked in with Trip Advisor as well. The reviews were excellent and we were not disappointed. We ordered a personal size pizza and a Philly Cheesesteak sub. Both were awesome! Chef Cameron was very professional and personable...he took our experience to another level by graciously offering to give me a lesson on how to make a hand tossed pizza. It was one of the highlights of my vacation! The food and family atmosphere drew us back a second time..the next day, in fact. I highly recommend Mama Dar's for an exceptional dining experience. As noted by other reviewers, the restaurant was squeaky clean! A culinary must in Clarkesville! Don't miss out!

• Visited October 2013
Mt. Airy
“Excellent Pizza”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Would like to give them 5 stars but I'm a pizza snob! The husband and I generally make our pizza at home but we read reviews on Mama Dar's and decided to give it a try. Our only complaint was that they didn't have spinach as a topping. I look forward to trying their sandwiches! We'll definitely be going back!
btw...we phoned ahead for takeout

• Visited September 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Delicious Pizza and Subs!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We were staying at a nearby resort in Clarkesville and decided to get some pizza one night here. It was such good pizza that we had to come back another night and try the subs. Again we were NOT disappointed. I had the Philly Cheesesteak, which was delicious, my husband and our friend had the sausage and pepper sub and his girlfriend had the Italian sub....we ALL loved our subs and devoured them!!

We chit chatted with the owner as he made our subs. He was so friendly and appreciative of our business.....I wish we lived there,so we could go there all the time!!

It's not the world's greatest dining atmosphere....so I really wouldn't recommend eating there, especially in the summer where there is no A/C. But I highly recommend you do take out if you didn't want to eat there.

Visited September 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Yummy Little Pizza Joint!!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I live in the area and have 'heard' about Mama Dar's Pizza for awhile now - and have finally made my way in to give it a try. Well, it is a small family owned place - which is the only reason I titled it a 'joint' - there are two full tables for seating and several seats at the windows (bar type seating). The place smelled fantastic (yummy) and it was clean as a whistle, floors, walls, even the bathroom. I noticed most of the customers pulling up to a window at the front and picking up their 'to go' orders (I did not notice this when I parked)...each person, was greeted by one of the owners with their order - very friendly service - and most of all fantastic pizza! This is what I like to call "real" pizza - NY Style, thin, handmade...holy moley...good stuff! It is hard to find this type of pizza in NE Georgia, more or less the South...and I am so glad that I finally have! I would highly recommend Mama Dar's to anyone looking for a great pizza - they also serve subs, salads etc. We will most certainly stop my Mama Dar's again in the near future.

• Visited August 2013