“Excellent Pizza” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Mt. Airy
“Excellent Pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Would like to give them 5 stars but I'm a pizza snob! The husband and I generally make our pizza at home but we read reviews on Mama Dar's and decided to give it a try. Our only complaint was that they didn't have spinach as a topping. I look forward to trying their sandwiches! We'll definitely be going back!
btw...we phoned ahead for takeout

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Delicious Pizza and Subs!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

We were staying at a nearby resort in Clarkesville and decided to get some pizza one night here. It was such good pizza that we had to come back another night and try the subs. Again we were NOT disappointed. I had the Philly Cheesesteak, which was delicious, my husband and our friend had the sausage and pepper sub and his girlfriend had the Italian sub....we ALL loved our subs and devoured them!!

We chit chatted with the owner as he made our subs. He was so friendly and appreciative of our business.....I wish we lived there,so we could go there all the time!!

It's not the world's greatest dining atmosphere....so I really wouldn't recommend eating there, especially in the summer where there is no A/C. But I highly recommend you do take out if you didn't want to eat there.

Visited September 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Yummy Little Pizza Joint!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I live in the area and have 'heard' about Mama Dar's Pizza for awhile now - and have finally made my way in to give it a try. Well, it is a small family owned place - which is the only reason I titled it a 'joint' - there are two full tables for seating and several seats at the windows (bar type seating). The place smelled fantastic (yummy) and it was clean as a whistle, floors, walls, even the bathroom. I noticed most of the customers pulling up to a window at the front and picking up their 'to go' orders (I did not notice this when I parked)...each person, was greeted by one of the owners with their order - very friendly service - and most of all fantastic pizza! This is what I like to call "real" pizza - NY Style, thin, handmade...holy moley...good stuff! It is hard to find this type of pizza in NE Georgia, more or less the South...and I am so glad that I finally have! I would highly recommend Mama Dar's to anyone looking for a great pizza - they also serve subs, salads etc. We will most certainly stop my Mama Dar's again in the near future.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Tallulah Falls, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great handmade pizzas.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

Friendly folks making fresh pizza and sandwiches in a small cozy environment. One of the best sandwiches I have ever had.

Visited August 2013
Miami, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“OMG best pizza I have had outside of NY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

This places family operated and owned. My husband and I went in for lunch when staying with some family in the area. We had pizza and wings. The pizza is superb! Fresh ingredients, amazing sauce, and crisp crust. I was in pizza heaven! My husband had the wings which he raved about. We enjoyed our meal so much we went back the next day for dinner.
Service was excellent. The place is really clean. It is across from woodville elementary , drive slowly or you will pass it. And miss some amazing pizza.
We will definitely be back when we visit again.

• Visited June 2013