“Very nice!”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The food is excellent and since the renovation-very awesome dining experience. Located on the square in downtown Clarkesville, which makes the atmosphere even nicer.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Have been wanting to try this place for a while so I talked my family into going. BIG MISTAKE!!! It was absolutly one of the worst dining experiences we have ever had. The food was over priced,the quality was poor and the service was terrible and they stil added $22.00 to our check for gratuity. There was six in our party (and no...no one had lobster) two actually had burgers!!! The best part was the band..... I would not recommend this resteraunt to anyone!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Came in, sat down, the three of us were ignored for about ten minutes before even recieving menus.. then while ordering the server even made a racist remark at my friend who is Mexican! The food was served cold. Horrible experiance to say the very least!

1  Thank iscaspars
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Our second visit Saturday for lunch began with low expectations since out first visit was so mediocre. There were a few improvements, but not enough to get our business a third time.

I had fried oysters with cole slaw and french fries. One would think fried oysters wouldn't be hard to mess up, but one would be wrong. The breading was tasteless, the fry oil greasy and the oysters soggy. The fries were seasoned well, but lukewarm and soggy. The cole slaw was passable.

My husband had oysters on the half and shrimp and grits. He said the oysters were okay and the S&G alright. I heard no enthusiasm in his report.

For the $42 plus $8 tip we spent on lunch yesterday we could have splurged on the highest priced menu items at Cap'N Ds a couple of times and had much better seafood.

I hesitate to give the food an average rating. It wasn't quite poor, yet it didn't meet average.

1  Thank D R
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have been to Trader John's several times and have found the seafood to be outstanding. I had crab legs last time and they were some of the best I have ever had. My husband always has oysters 2 ways and raves about the quality. Traders is becoming our favorite restaurant. One note of annoyance - the music is too loud to have any conversation with tablemates. Come early to avoid this.