“Hidden Gem”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2014

You may have to search a bit to find Sweet Breads, but it is definitely worth your efforts. It's located a block off the main street in town, and it looks rather unassuming on the outside, but don't be fooled, go in and enjoy a wonderful dining experience, as my husband and I recently did. Being our first visit to the area, we chose to have lunch at Sweet Breads based on other reviews we had seen on the Internet. We now add our raves to the ones we had read before making our visit. Once you step over the threshold, you get the feeling of an upscale, contemporary eatery. The wait staff was friendly and efficient and the food, oh the food, was just sooo good. We enjoyed their soup of the day and each chose a different sandwich from their menu. It was tough to choose, since everything sounded so very good. The sandwiches my husband and I had were each delicious; we decided to split the two of them, so we each had a half of the other's -- a very wise move, since we both got to enjoy two very different and very delicious selections. If you've in Clarksville, or the surrounding area, do yourself a favor and eat at Sweet Breads; you won't be disappointed!!

Reviewed February 15, 2014

I love their salads for lunch. They have a brunch on weekends but I can't eat the dairy or meat so I prefer to go weekdays for lunch. This is one of my favorite places in Clarkesville. It's off the main street but is well worth finding it! This is one of my favorite small, quaint towns so take a ride & enjoy this great little historic town.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

I live in Cleveland, Georgia where there are NO good restaurants so we have to look a little further. We've tried a couple of other restaurants in Clarkesville that were ok but nothing special. Then we went to lunch one day at Sweetbreads. It was WONDERFUL. We went back later with friends for dinner - on New Year's Eve in fact - and had another great experience. The food is delicious and the service was excellent both times. My husband was disappointed when they told us they were going to stop serving beer when they depleted their existing supply. I'm not sure why because we saw several customers with beer bottles on their tables. So it will be wine only I guess. This may mean we will now limit our visits to lunch hour. I hope they will rethink this policy.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

We were touring some wineries in the area and stopped into Sweet Breads for dinnder. It's off the main stree about a block and behind some other buildings, but although the exterior is very unassuming, the restaurant turned out to be a real gem. The interior is a lovely eclectic fusion of styles from classic to contemporary.
Their wine list is more than decent (although we would have liked to have seen some of the local wines). For an appetizer, on the recommendation of our waiter, we had the bacon, jalepeno shrimp. It was an excellent combination of flavors with just the right amount of heat - just like we were promised. I had seared scallops which were very good, but the real hit of the meal was my husband's trout. Cooked just right, with a tasty crust of breadcrumbs, parmesean and herbs. For dessert we had the creme brulee - another execellent choice.
The service was impecable with a friendly and attentive wait staff. Our food came quickly but with the right amount of time between appetizer and entree so you didn't feel rushed.
We're not from the area, but if we are ever travelling in north Georgia again we will make it a point to stop in.

1  Thank MauraD100
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I love this restaurant! When coming to the mountains from the city it can be challenging to find a restaurant that feels so comfortable and yet, so elegant. We love the hometown feeling up here, but this restaurant makes you feel that all you left behind was the traffic!!!

1  Thank JulesKiki