“Good but dont get in a hurry”
Review of Hollywood Diner - CLOSED

Hollywood Diner
Cuisines: American
“Good but dont get in a hurry”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My wife and I were out on the motorcycles saw a huge rain storm on the way home so we stopped in to avoid the weather. Ther was only one server during this time (around 1:00) VERY slow service. We ordered the special to make it easy on everyone and the food was just warm, tasted good but one would have figured after a 45 minn. wait it would have been more fresh. I would stop here again as long as Im in no hurry.

• Visited July 2013

Helen, Georgia, United States
“Great Lunch”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My wife visited for lunch after a vegetable run to Clayton and had a nice lunch. We went back a few days later to fetch the Turvis Tumbler glass she carries everywhere and left here. The folks were kind enough to keep it for her AND we had a very nice lunch. Grouper sandwich was great.

• Visited June 2013
Tampa, FL
“Lunch after visit to Tallulah Falls”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stopped by on a Sunday afternoon after a visit to the state park. They had a Sunday special which was reasonably priced, plentiful and pretty good. This is a small town and I don;t think there are a lot of options, so this actually worked well. Service was a little slow, but they were very busy. The servers were so very nice. We were still there after the rush left and we had a nice conversation with the server, perhaps she was the owner? Either way, this placed worked well after hiking what felt tlike a million stairs at the state park.

• Visited June 2013
Orlando, FL
“Not as good as expected”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I stopped here on our way to NC based on his rave reviews of the diner's roast beef that he previously enjoyed.

Although the menu states that almost everything is made fresh, my meal was far from it. I ordered the popcorn shrimp meal with mac and cheese and applesauce as my sides. I wasn't expecting fresh shrimp, but my mac and cheese tasted just like Kraft Mac and Cheese...not at all what I expected. The applesauce was most likely from the jar, but you can't go wrong there. Shrimp was decent and the portions were good.

My boyfriend tried the reuben sandwich and this was pretty good. I think roast beef is the diner's main draw.

Our server was friendly; the restaurant wasn't very busy so we had a peaceful lunch.

• Visited March 2013
livinglife839, Manager at Hollywood Diner, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
So sorry that you were disappointed in the macaroni and cheese and I only have 1 server working off season during the lunch as we are a tourist area and are not typically busy during off season lunches and I can assure you that she will be reprimanded for not meeting your expectations - she is new and obviously should not be there.
So sorry this has happened to you and the problem will be solved today. If you are ever back in the area, feel free to ask for management and I will make this right.
Helen, Georgia
“Great little find!”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We had some really good home cooked food for lunch. (With exception to fried squash which was awful. Obviously a "Sams" purchase and not cooked well. CAKE WAS INCREDIBLE

Visited September 2012