“Best BBQ in North Georgia”

Hawg Wild BBQ & Catfish House
Ranked #6 of 55 Restaurants in Clarkesville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Good service is important to me. When I spend my hard earned money, I want to be taken care of correctly and politely. This always happens to me when I am there. They have done several private parties for me. I have never been disappointed. I would say that I have never had bad food here. All the food is great.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

We were driving by and saw that their building was very cool, nice wood, so we decided to stop. That was the peak of the experience. The service had something to be desired and I thought the bbq was fatty, which was unappealing. The hushpuppies were good, but the dinner portions were small and a bit pricey. Nothing to write home about.

2  Thank Lucilles_13
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We have been to Hawg Wild too many times to count over the last few years and have never had a bad meal. Hushpuppies to start with every sauce you could imagine. All of the meat is incredible. Brisket and turkey are especially great. Best fries and mac n cheese I've ever had. And of course the sweet tea is perfect. Tons of funny t-shirts to remember your trip too!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

In past visits I have always stuck with ordering "Beef Brisket" sandwich dinner. On a friends recommendation, I ordered the wing appetizer and had served as a meal with a side of fries. Very good choice, will order again.

Also turkey is smoked and excellent choice.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

This location has had it's share of hardships, but it definitely is a fighter! I wouldn't say it's the best BBQ I have, but it is still good! I always enjoyed the fried pickles they had and of course the chicken. I hope this place keeps on going! Proud to see them rebuild after the fire!

1  Thank JenniferC572