“Cozy place, great prices, yummy food!”
Review of Natalie Jane's - CLOSED

Natalie Jane's
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Natalie Jane's is a unique restaurant and pub located on the square in Clarkesville. The Cordon Bleu trained chef and friendly staff pride themselves on serving a delicious selection of high quality food at reasonable prices, in a warm and relaxed atmosphere with free wi-fi. All eating restrictions can be accommodated and the restaurant is wheelchair accessible. The family friendly restaurant in the front features the biggest breakfast selection in Northeast Georgia as well as lunch, dinner, appetizers, and dessert. The full service pub in the back has 14 beers on tap, about 52 bottled beers, a wide selection of wines from around the world and full sports programming. Natalie's also offers buzztime games throughout the establishment, including trivia and the shark attack word game for children. There is live music on a regular basis. We also offer full service catering for all occasions including wedding cakes and desserts and we retail honey glazed hams. Ask about our pre-order and takeout meals.
Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Love the atmosphere and the staff. Must order the greek salad and the spaghetti. The owner is very hands on and made a point to visit each table while we were in for dinner. Definitely will be back!

Reviewed November 13, 2012

While my sister and I were in a shop featuring local artists of the Clarkesville area, we asked about some good eating places. Natalie Jane's was one of the recommended places. When we later connected back with our husbands, they stated they had been talking with a lady named Natalie, who owned Natalie Jane's Tavern and who was very friendly. Because of the praise from the shop owners and our husbands, we decided to eat there for lunch. What a great decision! The food tasted wonderful! The portion sizes were large (half pound burgers and hot dogs) with a variety of ways to embellish them to taste. I loved an unusual side dish, the fried corn....yummy! My portions were so large that I took the rest with me and had a second meal. We all had a piece of Natalie's pound cake (I understand she puts her own spin on the food preparations), and it was absolutely scrumptious! I just want to add a note about my rating on the food prices: yes, they are a little higher than what you might pay at a fast food or chain restaurant, but the portion sizes and taste certainly make it worth the price.

I also would like to say that the service was great. Our server was very friendly and attentive to all our needs. I was also impressed that on request Natalie came to our table to meet my sister and me and consented to having her picture made with my husband! If we ever make another trip to the Clarkesville area, Natalie Jane's will certainly be on our agenda!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Ate breakfast here last week-end. I had omelette and husband had eggs over easy. Omelette was flat and not puffy at all. Tasted like a fried scrambled egg with cheese inside. Grits and bacon were okay, bread was quite good. Had to come check it out but will stick with my regular local restaurant from now on. Would consider trying here again for lunch as the burgers sounded great. We shall see.

travelmaven52, Manager at Natalie Jane's, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to review our restaurant. We are sorry you didn't like the omelet. We cook our omelets according in the french style and they are actually one of our most popular items. Many restaurants add pancake batter to the eggs or use powdered eggs, which affects the consistency and can make them fluffier. We use only fresh eggs without fillers and make each omelet to order. The other difference in our omelets is that many restaurants mix the filling into the eggs and then fold them in half as it is easier and faster. We cook the eggs and then wrap them around the filling. Glad you liked our bacon. It is a high quality item and pecan smoked. A little more expensive, but worth the cost we think. Our philosophy is to buy only the best ingredients and cook them to order. We appreciate your business and thank you for trying Natalie Janes.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I'm local and have given NJs 4 chances; today, November 2, 2012, was my last.

My daughter and I sat in the last booth near the cash register about 12:30. We were 'waited' (we were the ones to do the waiting) on by an older woman, close cropped white hair. After appx. 7-10 minutes she came to take our drink order. By that time we were ready to place our order; I the veggie mushroom Swiss burger and onion rings, my daughter the avocado burger and fried pickles. The wait person took our order and said she'd be right back with our drinks. We waited, then we waited. After about 10 more minutes she brought our drinks.

Then the real waiting began. Diners were getting their meals all around us. We drank our teas and sat with empty glasses for about 10 minutes. Our wait person breezed by several times with tea pitchers, but never bothered to refill our glasses. Finally a woman we assumed to be the owner/manager came by with more tea.

Many more minutes passed with us being invisible to our wait person. We heard the order-up bell ring and knew it belonged to us as we were the only diners without food in front of us. We waited. The bell rang again. We waited. The bell rang a third time. I was finally able to stop our wait person long enough to ask her how much longer we would have to wait for our food. She said she'd check on it. Another wait person decided to bring our food to us thankfully.

NJs food is most definitely not worth waiting 30 minutes for. It's not worth waiting 10 minutes for. By the time we were served the onion rings and fried pickles, both of which costs an additional $2 over the menu price to add onto a meal, were barely lukewarm. The burgers were okay.

This was my 4th and final visit. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone and truly don't understand how on earth people are giving it more than a 2 rating. Sweet Breads or The Attic are far better in both food quality and service.

2  Thank D R

We are so sorry that you didn't enjoy your trip to our restaurant. Thank you for taking the time to review your experience as it gives us the opportunity to provide some clarification of our menu and policies. As most people are aware, we cook every meal to order rather than pre-cooking and reheating as many restaurants do these days. This means that you get the freshest and best quality meal possible although it does entail a little more wait. We are definitely not a fast food restaurant which sacrifices quality for speed! Also, we have a small kitchen and grill, so when it gets busy things may take a little longer. This is particularly true when ordering burgers because our burgers are very thick and take a while to cook at any time. Also, while you felt that your waitress was not attentive enough and other people had to help, this is our policy when we are busy for the staff to act as a team. The staff all pitches in and helps each other to greet customers, refill drinks, clear tables or bring out food. This is exactly what happened in your case. As for the food being cold, our pass through window is equipped with food warmers and food doesn't sit long because we have to keep it clear or food backs up. Once again, we are sorry you didn't have a good experience and appreciate your business.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I live in Clarkeville, and we go here all the time. The food is great, the atmosphere cozy and fun.

Dinner menu is good (get the tomato bisque soup to start!), but I absolutely adore the breakfast menu, especially the stuffed french toast and omelettes. They offer a wide variety of drinks -beer, mixed and otherwise.

I would advise asking questions about an item before you order it, as sometimes the dishes are a bit unusual. It's just best to know how they make it before you take a bite.

The only negative comment I have is that the service is consistently lacking - usually with food, not drinks. It seems like almost every time I go, there is a server I've never seen before, and they don't seem familiar with the menu or how things should run. Only once did the server (a male) seem to really know the menu and anticipate the needs of customers.

Definitely a worthwhile stop for a good meal and a fun place to hang out!