“Great Food In A Unique Location”
Review of The Attic

The Attic
Ranked #6 of 54 Restaurants in Clarkesville
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A rustic building that offers a warm, cozy atmosphere for the customer of the North Georgia area. We offer traditional American food and offer vegetarian options. In addition, our wine list consists of local wineries.
Reviewed May 18, 2014

While in the North Georgia mountains we drove to Clarkesville for dinner at The Attic. The restaurant is located in an old gasoline station which has been renovated - and the results are just wonderful.

Being there on a week night there were few other diners and our service was exceptional. My wife opted for the pecan crusted trout and I had the stuffed trout. Both were large portions and we were unable to finish them. The stuffed trout came with a cream sauce that was excellent.

We would definitely return and highly recommend The Attic.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

Even though it was Mother's Day, it wasn't excessively busy. We were seated right away ... That was the only thing fast about our visit. After well more than an hour, our food was finally dropped off to our table... With an "your asparagus is coming" statement. About 10 minutes later, the asparagus was dropped off. When I say dropped off, that's exactly what I mean. We were seemingly just a table to pass by on the waitresses way to someone else. Not even a wait staffs' traditional "how's everything?" or "can I get you anything?" Barely a word was spoken to us until the end when we asked for the check, then the, "we're so busy" excuse came out ... I was part of the wait staff industry, that's not busy.
While my summer salad with blacken salmon was delicious, the fact that it took more than an hour to receive it ... Along with my husband's meatloaf, mashed potatoes... And eventually the asparagus ... Made the overall experience less than acceptable. Including having to ask for the bread that we were told was coming ... Asking for silverware ... Finally, having another server remove the dirty dishes - that had been there far too long - from our table... Having a fly-by water glass refill after about 10 minutes of no water ... And the list goes on ... Seriously, it does. Sorry, but while some of the food was good ... The bad outweighs any of those positives ... I don't think we'll be back.

Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

Consistently good food and service. We love "Simple Pasta". Great leftovers the next day as well. Not really sure why they raised the price on the house wine 40%/glass but...

Reviewed April 26, 2014

We had dinner with eight friends and a mix of different dishes. Heard great things about grilled and fried shrimp (you can get half/half and the dinner is large enough to share with an extra side salad); tuna was excellent as well as hamburger steak, and hamburger. My wife had creole pasta which was a new choice (normally chicken rolatini) and she loved it; I see a repeat visit soon; you will enjoy;

1  Thank Frank S
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I stayed in an area B & B for several days and dined out a lot. This was my favorite restaurant. The decor is unique, food was excellent and service was good. This was a mid-week night, and they seemed to be running out of a number of things - but not any of my choices! I will return.

1  Thank dbjennings