Open today: 8:00 PM - 11:45 PM
Review Highlights
Winter Wonder

We took a tour with Dark Ranger in early February and had a wonderful time. Kevin is knowledgeable... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
ScubaKelly47
Calgary, Canada
Best Present Ever

I bought my partner tickets as a Christmas present and we were not disappointed! Even though it... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
jdombro2

All reviews milky way star clusters full moon rings of saturn solar system multimedia presentation hot beverages dark skies warm clothes meteor shower new moon naked eye night vision shooting stars night skies visiting bryce dress warm
Reviewed November 15, 2015

The 4 of us did a private evening with Kevin Poe. We enjoyed our 30 min show and then went outside for a 2 hour telescope views of our amazing night sky. We saw all kinds of stars! One looked like a cheerio! Also enjoyed seeing the Milky Way-summer view and near 10p we saw the winter Milky Way. We didn't know there was a winter one. We even saw some shooting stars. Kevin wanted us to touch and move his telescopes! We would HIGHLY recommend taking some time and go to this tour. If going in Nov. have plenty of warm clothes. It was 26 degrees & 20mph wind. We were outside for about 2 hours.

Date of experience: November 2015
1  Thank Sherry B
Reviewed November 9, 2015

If you are near Tropic, Utah, spending your evenings with Kevin Poe at the Dark Ranger Telescope Tours is the best decision you will make. As part of our trip through the Canyon Land National Parks we observed the Super/Harvest/Blood Moon eclipse at Horseshoe Bend. Once the eclipse was full and our night vision settled the stars of the Milky Way Galaxy came into focus. We were left wanting more. Lucky for us a stranger recommended the Dark Ranger’s flyer on our way to visit Bryce Canyon. We called Kevin and even though it was just the two of us he was still willing and able to accommodate us for a tour.
Our impromptu stargazing with Kevin Poe became one of the most memorable highlights to an amazing vacation. Kevin's teaching ability and explanations to a wide range of questions created a very pleasant learning environment. He answered our novice through dabbling amateur stargazing questions with passion and clarity. A few of his analogies were new to me and further clarified familiar concepts explained in science documentaries. Being encouraged to handle the telescopes and actively participate in the process under some of the darkest sky in the country made for the best stargazing I've experienced. Next time I'm remotely near Utah and/or Bryce Canyon National Park I plan to spend my evenings at Dark Ranger Telescope Tours, and you should too!
As we walked down the path to leave it felt like I had just spent the evening visiting a friend for some stargazing. We can’t wait to go back during a new moon and spend more time exploring the night sky with Kevin!

Thanks for everything,
Seth & Yuliya

2  Thank Seth S
Reviewed November 1, 2015 via mobile

Was not aware of the Dark Ranger Telescope Tours until we checked in at Bryce Log Cabins where there was a leaflet.
Booked for the second night we were in Tropic.
Turns out it was only us on the tour and spent a god few hours observing planets, stars and the moon in brilliant resolution.
Kevin and Richard were both fantastic explaining the universe and what we were looking at - their enthusiasm was clear - just like the sky.
Great value for money and highly recommended.

Reviewed October 26, 2015

This is a must go to if you are in Tropic or visiting near by Brice Canyon. Kevin is a great guy with remarkable knowledge of astronomy and delivers his knowledge with great whit and passion. I never thought we would ever see a lunar eclipse so clearly, The Milky Way, 4 shooting stars and thousands of stars in my lifetime and we did that evening. The night hike was so cool and your wives fresh made cookies were a hit. I think you should charge more Kevin, its well worth it. We wish you continued and growing success. T&G New Jersey

1  Thank Carno6061
Reviewed October 17, 2015

Really, really, really awesome. I highly recommend. Not only met expectations but far exceeded them. Did I already say awesome?! My son and I walked away at the end of the night and just said, "Wow." So cool. Stay in Tropic at least one night and do this.

Date of experience: October 2015