“Average” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Pink Pig

The Pink Pig
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Cherrylog
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“Average”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

This restaurant is a Cherry Log landmark. The ribs and the pork were above average however the beef was dry and crusty. The Brunswick Stew was very good along with the appetizers. Service was fast and friendly

“The service was great”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

We stopped by The Pink Pig for BBQ while staying in Ellijay, and were disappointed with the food. The pork was dry and cold when served, and I am pretty sure it made me sick. The sides were mediocre at best and rolls were better off not served to anyone. The only reason this was rated a two instead of a one is that fact that our waitress was good, and the staff was friendly. We will never eat here again - we were very disappointed.

Visited July 2014
Thank MrWickitywhack .
Dacula, Georgia
“Good Cue.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

Overall my experiences here have been very good. Service and food both good. They are better than average in my view, so I give them very good overall. Never had a problem of any kind, so it has been and was this last visit a good experience. Open on Sunday so that is a plus, because many local BBQ places aren't open on Sunday, so I give them props for being open.

• Visited October 2013
Cherry Log, Georgia
“A local tradition that welcomes visitors”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

I hadn't eaten here for a few years, mainly because it's just doesn't come to mind when I am craving bar-b-que. Today, I found myself in the area and that familiar craving hit so I thought I would stop in for a bite. Local legend says that this was President Jimmy Carter's favorite restaurant when he was fishing in the area, your politics aside, it's worth a visit. I have to use the word "cute" to describe the interior, lots of pig tchatzkies here there and everywhere. The dining room is small, but has a nice friendly feel to it. There is a working payphone outside (when was the last time you saw one of those). Also, a small gift shop includes all sorts of things including their famous garlic dressing.

Enough about the atmosphere. I had the pork plate which had plenty of pork and included two sides. I chose the sweet potato fries and the brunswick stew. The fries were ok, but the stew was a bit thicker than I like. The cole slaw has mayonnaise so I passed on it. My lunching partner had the same pork, but on a sandwich where they were willing to swap out the white bread for whole wheat. I would rate the pork above average. The iced tea was good and plentiful. The waitress was friendly and attentive. We passed on dessert, but the couple next to us ordered the banana pudding which is served in a mason jar (again, how cute is that?). They said it was excellent except it didn't have meringue. I would agree, what is banana pudding without the meringue?

Conclusion: Worth a visit if you are in the area. Not the best bar-b-que in Blue Ridge, but very good.

Pork plate with two sides, pork sandwich with bag of chips, some extra pickles on the side, two iced teas (and all the cute pig bric-a-brac you can handle). . . .$25 including tip.

Rome
“Doesn't live up to the reviews.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

We were so excited to finally find a real BBQ joint while out and about. We searched and read reviews on several sites. Most of the reviews were good, so we went for it! We should've stayed at home and fired up our own smoker. I got the smoked chicken 1/2 and it was so dry it was borderline petrified. The baked potato was hard and gummy, as in baked yesterday and reheated today. My husband had the pork plate. The pork was very dry. The stew was pretty good. And the garlic salad..... Not even sure what to say. It was definitely NOT worth the $3.50.

• 2 of 5 bubbles