“Hit or miss”

Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Cherrylog
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Check your chair before sitting down, mine was really wobbly and I'm a small person. The oink onion was outstanding and I would recommend dipping it in the vinegar BBQ sauce! Brunswick stew was hot and delicious. Wasn't impressed with the pulled pork it was really dry and on the cold side, plus it didn't have BBQ sauce already on it ... That was the only let down.

There are newer reviews for The Pink Pig

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

First off I was very excited about eating here when I pulled in. It was everything a good BBQ restaurant should feel like; old look, friendly people, and the smell of pork being smoked. The table were sat at looked like it could be in my grandmas house and the menu was homemade. The place was fairly busy but we had our order taken fairly quickly. I ordered the sampler and my wife ordered the BBQ sandwich. We shared a bowl of Brunswick stew which was good in flavor but I am not a fan of having ground beef in Brunswick stew. The food arrived and my plate looked disappointing. I the sampler consisting of pulled pork, pulled BBQ beef, 2 small ribs, Mac n cheese, and fries. The pork was so dry that I needed to sauce it up so I chose the vinegar sauce that was like a bad version of Lexington NC sauce. The second option for sauce I used on the ribs and beef, and it tasted like cheap grocery store BBQ sauce. The ribs were good but small, and the beef was way over cooked. The fries were homemade and cut too big for the small amount of time they were cooked. My wife added the slaw to her BBQ sandwich along with liberal amounts of sauce to help with how dry the meat was.
All in all I would say they have a gem of a restaurant and staff but really need someone to help with the food.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Fairly quick. I do not recommend the dumplings. The chicken tenders are good. Great fries. Many friends and family members LOVE the garlic salad and bbq.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Very good BBQ I always get the pulledn port sandwich on toast and sweet tea mmmmm goood! awesome food and service you should go for yourself and you will see the same

Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

Pink Pig is a gem. The food is so good, friendly staff, fun environment, family dining room style, cozy tables. We have tried so much bbq and thought we had tried the best in Dallas at "Hard8 BBQ". That changed after this place!! I am a bbq fan and love smoking my own recipes. The head chef "Alice" came out to say hello after she had heard I am an "at home chef" and took the time to speak to me and give me a kitchen tour!! We walked away with some food for the road and will always remember the staff & food during our experience. You MUST try this place. It's the best bbq in blue ridge!

1  Thank Stevojax