“Just Do It”

Cuisines: Mexican
Atlanta
“Just Do It”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Have you ever heard that sometimes the sketchiest looking places have the best food? In the case of El Taco Veloz on Buford Highway, they're right.

I saw this restaurant featured on Anthony Bourdain's show "The Layover", Atlanta edition. Bourdain drove through the drive thru and ordered lengua (tongue) tacos and loved them. I was not brave enough to order the lengua, but I did order the barbacoa and the chili relleno tacos and they were outstanding.

The chili relleno is simple yet perfect. The barbacoa was so tender and had the most amazing flavor. I got mine all the way, hold the hot sauce. I'm guessing this means with onions and cilantro. They also included a cup of salsa verde. Wish I'd asked for one more salsa verde. I was sopping up that salsa like butter on a biscuit.

You can get tortas, burritos or tacos. You can also add sides of rice and beans. Can't wait to go back and try the tortas and burritos. I think they also serve breakfast.

Don't let the outside fool you, the food is superb ... and cheap! Two tacos were $4.54. That's a deal!

• Visited March 2013