“Glad I Finally Ate Here!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Atlanta, Georgia
“Glad I Finally Ate Here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Yep, cheap & quick would describe this place. My co-workers brought this back to the office as take out though, as their website says, I had passed this place about 1000 times and never stopped. Stupid me! My co-worker said he's been eating here "for years". Both of us are Atlanta natives.

We both got a no-frills BBQ Pork sandwich, and by that I mean "meat on a bun", and the Brunswick Stew (both pictured). The bun was one of those dime a dozen white bread Sunbeam buns that could be classified as "comfort food" by some, I suppose. It doesn't add anything to the taste of the pork but it doesn't compete with it either so, winning! The pork itself was very flavorful and there was plenty of it. When I first saw it, wrapped in a sheet of wax paper, I thought it wouldn't be enough food as it looked the size of a regular biscuit, but surprise, upon unwrapping it, found it was chock full of pork and was plenty enough of a sandwich, especially when I paired it with a small container of Brunswick Stew.

Now, I'm not a Brunswick Stew fan typically so I have little frame of reference to compare this to. I will say that judging it on it's own merit, it was quite good, very tasty and I slurped it down faster than I'm willing to admit. The corn in it seemed fresh, not canned. It had a slight "bite" to it going down and that is a good thing. I could have eaten more so I suppose that's enough to recommend it. ;)

The BBQ sauce (though it says so on their website), as any BBQ aficionado would know by looking at it, is vinegar based. There is no other options for sauce so if you're used to a thick, sweet, ketchup style sauce, you won't find it here. Again, typically not a fan of Carolina sauce but this was extremely good and it went down with the rest of my sandwich, post haste.

Now that it's on my radar, I will definitely go back! Yum!

Visited December 2012

Atlanta, Georgia
“Best Q in the ATL!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

If you like vinegar based bbq, like the good 'ole stuff from Eastern North Carolina then this is the place! You will need the sauce as the bbq comes dry...quick spot to grab a sandwich and a nice place to order pounds for parties...sides are just ok.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank AtlantaWolfpack
Atlanta
“Great 'Cue in North Atlanta!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

OBP just keeps on delivering the goods...best Brunswick Stew in town. They only cook hams, not shoulders, so the meat is never greasy. The sauce is vinegar-based (a la Fresh Air BBQ in Jackson), so it's sweet syrupy glop you're pining for, don't bother to stop. Service is always quick; you get a lot of bang for your buck, too. They are now open until 8 pm, so it's easier to get there after work for take-out. The Pitmaster was recently featured in Southern Living. I've been a regular for 30 years and intend to stay one!

• Visited July 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

This place does not look like much....But The BBQ is Great!
Wonderful Slaw with just a hint of dill weed!!!Great BBQ Beans flavored with a nice rich smoke!
You will meet the leaders of the community and workmen all eating great Georgia BBQ!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Moss Point
“Average eatery”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012 via mobile

We were on vacation and went out of our way to eat here because of reviews from other sources. The food was very average.