“Best Dim Sum in ATL, twin lobsters for $25 special”
Review of Royal China

Royal China
Ranked #6 of 60 Restaurants in Chamblee
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Been here 38 years, finally re-connected with this Chinese restaurant after several incarnations. Their dim sum is excellent. The full menu, probably one of the most extensive in the city, has every dish I ever had elsewhere...with reasonable prices, and fresh ingredients...service, very good.

1  Thank david554

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Not to many Americans know about Chinese banquets. Let me assure you, they are royal treats. Royal China has four or five different banquet options and they a worth every penny. So, if you have a group (4 and more) and wish to try something different from the traditional menu, you should definitely try it. Every time I have out of town guests, I always take them to Royal China for banquets and have never been disappointed. In my opinion Royal China offers the best Chinese banquets in Atlanta. Trust me? Be bold and try them.

Reviewed January 11, 2012

We visited Royal China fairly early on a Wednesday night based on reviews on several websites. We had never been, even though years ago we had patronized its predecessor in this location, Honto. We walked in the door a little after 5:30 p.m. and we were the first people in the restaurant, which I conservatively estimate could seat 300 people. All the tables and chairs are decked out in white coverings like you might see at a wedding banquet. We were seated next to the dish station, which I would normally complain about, but I guess I was amused that we were placed there although the place was empty. To add to the surreal situation, it smelled as if they had just mopped the wooden floor with a strong disinfectant. Plus the chairs were uncomfortable. On the plus side, hot tea and water was quickly forthcoming along with a small dish of hot pepper sauce. We ordered an appetizer (potstickers) and two entrees (shrimp and pork). None were better than average. I would guess that we would have fared better if we had ordered off their extensive seafood menu, because we saw a platter of lobster tails at a nearby table as we left that looked very good. We left at about 6:30 p.m. and there were exactly two other tables occupied. Diners were outnumbered by the staff. Given all the other good Asian restaurants in the neighborhood, I doubt we will return.

Reviewed September 6, 2011

Sunday brunch and the place is filled--locals who clearly have found a restaurant that serves food approximating what one can find in China. No alcohol. Inexpensive for such a feast (approx. $10/person)

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook