“Not French At All”

Cuisines: French
Atlanta
“Not French At All”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Almost every weekend we research restaurants and try to find a new place, a spot that's off the beaten track or yet to be discovered. We've had a lot of luck and that is due, in large part, to the online reviews we read.

I'm not sure how this restaurant has received such rave reviews. It is not French - at.all. And the people who work here appear to be Vietnamese. The lady who waited on us did not smile, offer to explain any of the menu items and was the only server on duty. Service was pretty bad, very slow.

We began with the mussels which were clearly not fresh. The smell was not appetizing and one bite was all I needed to know that I didn't want another bite.

We had the cassoulet and the beef bourginone. The mashed potatoes that were served with the beef were the highlight of the meal and they were SO hot (temperature, not spicy) I could barely eat them.

There is no ambient noise or music, so you can hear every word of the conversations from the tables around you.

We wanted to like it, but this place falls way short. :(

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank SandBAtlanta

Powder Springs, Georgia
“Excellent Food Where you wouldn't expect it”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I have passed this location almost weekly for the past several years and now I see that it is a restaurant. I was taken there last week (12.12.12) for lunch. I had the Shrimp Crepes. EXCELLENT. The food was very well prepared. the flavor was great and the sauce was great as well. The cost was great at about $6.00. I will definitely go back. In fact today (12/20/12)

• Visited December 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Moved, will reopen soon!”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Au Rendezvous suffered a decline at it's Windsor Pkwy location, but it will soon reopen at a little house at 4102 Clairmont Rd in Chamblee across from the Chamblee Public Library, just north of the Peachtree Dekalb Airport. Because the new location is owned rather than leased, there will be more control over the environment. The owners do not know when the restaurant will open - they await landscape permits from the City of Chamblee.

• Visited July 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“tres bien !”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Excellent French fare - good service, everything I've tried on the menu (four visites now) was top notch....highly recommended

Visited July 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Five star food, looks can be deceiving”
Reviewed April 8, 2012 via mobile

I may have had one of the best French meals of my life here.

So, it's attached to a dry cleaner (though there is a sign posted announcing a move soon) near Oglethorpe University. One walks in and sees what resembles a converted pizzeria.

But the smell... All we could smell was wondorous seared meat and wine braised goodness. Service was leisurely, and the atmosphere is nil, but the food was so damn good none of it mattered. Cassoulet, beef bourbignon, asparagus and scallops. A dessert menu to die for. And for wifey and I to stuff ourselves and drink a beer- 40 dollars.

If you find yourself out near the perimeter, go go go to this place, or when they move find them too. It may be the best French restaurant in Atlanta.