“Savannah Suites- Chamblee Unexpected Value”
Review of Studio 6 Chamblee

Studio 6 Chamblee
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Chamblee
Reviewed January 30, 2014

DannyL

Stayed at Savannah Suites - Chamblee because it was convenient to Dekalb-Peachtree Airport. I was pleasantly surprised at the exterior; but even more surprised at the service. It was a cold night when I arrived. The electronic key would not open the door. I returned it to the front desk. I expected the clerk to give me another key and say "good luck". Instead, Keisha, locked the office and went to the room to investigate personally. Sure enough, the 2nd key did not work. She literally ran back to the office to retrieve more keys. They did not work either; so she set me up in a room that is kept for the manager. She apologized profusely; even thought it wasn't necessary because of the temperature. She was extremely professional and customer-service oriented. I will stay there again as I tend to come into that airport when I visit Atlanta (my hometown).

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
ChambleeManager, General Manager at Studio 6 Chamblee, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

We appreciate your feedback, and we are glad to hear that we were able to accommodate you when our key malfunctioned. We take pride in making sure our guests are comfortable, and we look forward to your future return.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

This was my second time staying here and it has become my "go-to" hotel when I visit Atlanta. The room was clean and a good size, the staff was friendly and efficient and the location is excellent for public transit. Because it's a residential hotel it can be a little noisy in the evening but quiets down completely after about 9:00. I had no trouble sleeping any of the total 7 nights I've stayed here. The Chamblee MARTA station is a 6 minute walk away or you can easily drive and park for free. There is also a bus stop directly in front of the hotel (Route #25) and a WalMart a 5 minute walk away. Make special note of their office hours as it is not open 24 hours.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
ChambleeManager, General Manager at Studio 6 Chamblee, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

We appreciate your continuous return during your travels, and the great feedback you have provided us. We have relayed your concerns about the noise to our security officers, and management team here in the evenings. We look forward to your future return.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is an update from my March review about our room being broken into and the property refuse to take responsibility for it. Well, this is to say I would like to Thank The Chamblee Police Department. My kids game system's where returned. And it also looked like the person whom did the breaking in hit more then my room. They had a list of kids items that was pawned with my kids stuff. Come to find out that the person is a staying in the hotel. Before I left other guest staying there said that this seems to happen allot. It was proved when my items where return. And let me say it's a good thing to have the serial numbers of your items. That's how mines was returned, with also the name of the person who pawned it. The property made a comment saying they have security. This is true. But they didn't (when I was there) have 24 hour security. Security was there mainly when the office closed. Again my room was broken into while I was at work and my kids where at school (During office hours). So to everyone that's still there, Good Luck. To everyone who's looking for a place to stay, your fully responsible for your item. Secure them and trust no one. I don't know who the person is by name that entered our room. Never had to much of a conversation with people there. But they watched us enough to know our routine and schedule. So again, good luck. GOD Bless

Room Tip: Just remember, you get what you pay for.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Andreka B
ChambleeManager, Public Relations Manager at Studio 6 Chamblee, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Andreka B,

We appreciate your updated review on our property. We strive to insure that our guests enjoy a safe, comfortable, and quiet stay while here at our hotel.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

This is not a fancy hotel, but it is clean and a good deal for budget travel. We would definitely stay here again. the reasons I only gave it three stars are:

1. The first night, we had just gotten into the room when a security guard knocked on the door and said someone was complaining about stomping in our room. We had literally just walked in the door and put our suitcase down. But that was not the hotel's fault. They had a complaint and they answered it.

2. The hotel office closes well before midnight. If you have trouble with your key or anything, there are numbers to call. But when we had trouble with our key around midngith the second night, we could not find a number anywhere. Luckily, we got the key to work after numerous tries.

Aside from those small problems, the hotel was fine and at a little over $100 for two nights, it was more than sufficient for our needs. We were attending a convention in the neighborhood; if you are not in the neighborhood you might want to check out other Atlanta budget offerings first.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank starmac
ChambleeManager, Public Relations Manager at Studio 6 Chamblee, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you greatly for choosing our location, and we hope that we can better accommodate you in the future should you come back to Chamblee. We value our guests concerns, and always strive to make your stay comfortable.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I can truly say this location is a blessing for me. I am new to Atlanta and needed somewhere to stay. I have been to several hotels but never have I experienced such a welcome feeling from the staff. Kesha, I say thank you so much!! The way I was treated assured me this was where I am suppose to be. I walked into a very clean room. I payed for one nite but I will be staying here a little longer. I feel safe and slept really good. I would refer this location to others. Thanks again Kesha for giving outstanding service.

• Stayed: June 2013
ChambleeManager, General Manager at Studio 6 Chamblee, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Thank you for choosing our Chamblee, Savannah Suites. We are pleased too hear that you were extended great service and a comfortable stay. We look forward to your return in the future with us.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I had the displeasure of staying at the Savannah Suites in Chamblee this weekend!!! On more than 2 occassions, the police where called for smell of marijuana being smoked. The police went floor to floor with their dog to check the complaint and they never found it. I asked the officer does this happen often and he said every weekend someone calls and complains. My entire trip was ruined because of the constant police presence made me feel uncomfortable and afraid to leave my room. I will not be returning there and I wouldn't refer this place to anyone else!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank carameldiva72
ChambleeManager, Public Relations Manager at Studio 6 Chamblee, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Our goal is to make sure that our security guards are here daily for guests nightly requests or concerns, and to especially make sure that all guests feel safe during their entire stay. We listen to all our guests concerns to maximize exceeding our guest’s expectations.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

The location is perfect close to Perimeter Mall & business areas. Also Marta train station. Soon as I checked in roach ran behind tv. I don't think it's worth $199.00 a week. Never Again!! I slept with all lights on. It did not matter roaches even went under the bed to hide.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Anonymous1491
ChambleeManager, Public Relations Manager at Studio 6 Chamblee, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

We appreciate your feedback, and we sincerely apologize that your stay was not a pleasant one. We as a team work hard to insure that our guests concerns are taken seriously, and that plans are put in place to always improve on our quality and service.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chamblee
Home Towne Studios - Chamblee
WoodSpring Suites Atlanta Chamblee
Sonesta ES Suites Atlanta - Perimeter Center East
DoubleTree by Hilton Atlanta Perimeter Dunwoody
Red Roof Plus+ Atlanta - Buckhead
The Westin Atlanta Perimeter North

Been to Studio 6 Chamblee? Share your experiences!