“Didn't even make it the night!”
Review of Studio 6 Chamblee

Studio 6 Chamblee
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Chamblee
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We came into town for Dragon Con. Usually we stay near Doraville and ride MARTA into downtown because the hotels are cheap. We chose this place since it was near a MARTA station. The place looked a little run-down, but we usually stay cheap and figured it was worn but cozy. =) We checked in about 2 and went to our room. The A/C seemed to be working slowly and the bathroom light was flickering...we decided to call the office about it and go downtown figuring everything would be fixed when we returned. When we got back, it was getting dark and the place was SCARY. There were people hanging out everywhere, loud music, screaming, cursing ,etc. The room was still the same so we were moved. The second room had roaches crawling the walls, stains on the sheets, SOMEONE ELSE'S trash and shoes, hair all over the bathroom, used dishes, and roaches in the sink. OMG. We went to the office. They asked if we wanted to move again. We asked for and got a refund...DO NOT ATTEMPT TO STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
mrhchance, Public Relations Manager at Studio 6 Chamblee, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2011

We appreciate the time you took to bring these concerns to our attention. We strive as a team to make sure each guest stay is a pleasant one, and that we provide the amenities & service that a guest leaves feeling great about. We sincerely apologize that your stay was not enjoyable. Since your stay we have reviewed our procedures, and made adjustments accordingly to help provide better service to all guests.

Reviewed August 13, 2011

the only way i noticed to be treated decently at the savannah suites in chamblee,ga. is if u are not white.Me,my husband,and daughter stayed there for almost a month and it was a nightmare!Get this, its a hotel ,but they do not provide toilet paper or soap.even the day we moved in there was none.we went to the front desk and informed Tasha,the assist.mgr. she informed me toilet paper was $1.00 per roll !then a black gentleman walked/in and asked and she gave it to him free,then looked at me and smirked. WOW also we couldnt get towels but once a week unless we paid $15.00 our air never worked properly,they said they would send someone up but never did even us calling every day.any time we needed to go to the/office they were nasty and rude but nice to the black people wven joking with them and flirting.we spoke with other white people there and they said it was like that with them as well.also the mgr names Tori was rude,nasty,and dismissive.DO NOT EVER SPEND UR MONEY AT SAVANNAH SUITES IN CHAMBLEE !!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2011
4  Thank shellyc6868

Dear Sir/Mam,

We appreciate the time you took to bring these concerns to our attention. We strive as a team to make sure each guest stay is a pleasant one, and that we provide the amenities & service that all guests leave feeling great about. We sincerely apologize that your stay was not enjoyable, and we can assure you that our location is a non-discriminatory business. We would like to speak to you directly to further investigate and rectify all the issues mentioned; so if possible please contact us directly at 678-805-3400 to speak with a member of senior management.

Reviewed November 7, 2010

I did not read the reviews and after staying at the Savannah Suites I see that I should have. The front desk was friendly but while walking to my room I did smell something weird. I thought it was pee or something because the smell was strongest in the breezeway. Also there were people hanging around outside their rooms which made me feel a little uncomfortable.

So, I rated this hotel a 1 for cleanliness because after getting out of the shower that had hair in it, I opened my towel and not only did it have pubes stuck in the fibers it was also disgustingly stained BLACK!!!! It looked like it had been washed, but it should have been thrown away. Also the sheets on the bed had small brown stains under the pillows. Yes I did pull all the covers off the bed to inspect it and also found more hairs. I wore socks because of not wanting to walk barefoot on the floor and by the morning they were also stained brown.

The rooms are dirt cheap and I don't know of any place in the area where you could stay for much cheaper. You can save anywhere from $15-$50 a night compared to other hotels in the area, but I'd rather pay more and not risk hepatitis.

Oh, and Internet is intermittent.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
generalmanager4, General Manager at Studio 6 Chamblee, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2010

I deeply regret your dissatisfaction with your recent stay at our hotel. I have discussed these concerns with our front desk, housekeeping, maintenance team, and security officers. We all understand how unacceptable this type of service is, considering our goal is to ensure every guest's level of comfort is pleasurable. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience, and if in the future you are visiting the Chamblee area we hope that you will try us again. We strive to exceed your expectations with the policies we have recently implemented to make every customer have a great stay.

Reviewed July 3, 2010

I read Reviews and thought are they real . All bad reviews are real. The room stinked when I entered. It is a cheap motel and stinks smell of gutter all around . Lift smells like drain water. Most dirty place. Many people low income rent this for month since it is 600+ and drainage water all over the floor. I wish Manager not just responds to this reviews with same message but maintains it clean and always check whom they are renting to and not just aim to fill the slum like place with people. Only good thing is internet and office people who lock themselves inside. I saw guys some without shirts roaming around . Felt like living in a slum.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
CarolMakoui, General Manager at Studio 6 Chamblee, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2010

We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations during your stay at our Chamblee, Savannah Suites. All of our kitchenette rooms go through a preventative maintenance cleaning program to insure the cleanest accommodations are provided to our guests, and if given the opportunity to resolve an issue for a guest prior to check out, we do our best to handle the concern immediately. I have reviewed your feedback in detail with all of our team members and management staff to steadily improve our performance and make sure each guest that chooses our location has a comfortable and enjoyable stay. If given an opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future; on your next visit, we would be happy to assign one of our quieter, non-smoking, east-facing rooms upon request. We take pride in offering Budget Extended Stay accommodations for those between residences or relocating to the Greater Atlanta Area.

Reviewed May 18, 2010

The check-in was easy and smooth. The staff was great. It goes downhill quick from here.
The first room I was sent to had an awful smell and the ceiling had fell in in the shower. I told the maintenance man and he was right on it. When I went to the front desk, I was told that they were aware of the problem and would put me in another room. I was assured it was good because they wanted to make there Expedia guests happy. I was not happy. This room had an awful smell. The bed was sunken in the middle. The sheets were dirty and, therefore, I did not sleep under the covers. The pillow cases were dingy and the carpet was filthy. It did not look like housekeeping cleaned this room. Though, it had a kitchen area, I did not use it.
I woke up early and came in late so as not to have to stay in the room. Never again will I stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
CarolMakoui, General Manager at Studio 6 Chamblee, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2010

Chamblee Savannah Suites appreciates the feedback we received to steadily improve our level of service, quality, concern to your comments and comfort to our future guests and current guests. As the General Manager of this property and the leader of our team, I share my deepest apology. We regret any inconvenience you have experienced and we assure you that we are anxious to retain you as satisfied customers while we immediately rectify this concern to prevent any reoccurances during any of our valued guests' stay. Our management team and corporate staff are always open to your candid comments and strive to be your home away from home.

Reviewed March 25, 2010

No internet service is provided, even though they advertise that they do.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
CarolMakoui, General Manager at Studio 6 Chamblee, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2010

Chamblee Savannah Suites appreciates the feedback we receive to steadily improve our level of service, quality, concern to your comments, and comfort to our future guests and current guests. We greatly apologize for any inconveniences the delays with the internet caused during your recent stay with us . We have recently switched our internet providers and taken the proper measures to insure our guests have the needs and services we guarantee to provide. Our management team and corporate staff are always open to your candid comments, and strive to be your home away from home. Please come for our comfort, stay for our price, and enjoy our level of commitment to all our guests.

Reviewed April 28, 2008

The beds in our room were in very poor shape, sunken in the middle. The A/C was broken, and there was a roach problem. So we moved rooms, and still had roachs and bad beds, but the A/C worked. The kitchen area is nice, but that was about it. The sheets were dirty. The floors were dirty. It was pretty cheap but I wouldn't stay there again. I guess the saying is true...you get what you pay for!

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank Landfall74
TRedmon, General Manager at Studio 6 Chamblee, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2010

Chamblee Savannah Suites appreciates the feedback we receive to steadily improve our level of service, quality, concern to your comments, and comfort to our future guests and current guests. We have several professional companies that service our property on a consistent basis to insure this improvement. Our management team and corporate staff are always open to your candid comments, and strive to be your home away from home. Please come for our comfort, stay for our price, and enjoy our level of commitment. All of our suites offer a full kitchenette; free WIFI, free calls, free cable TV with HBO, on site fitness center, a guest laundry facility, and after hour security. Please Call us today to book your future reservation, we offer great competitive pricing & amenities!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chamblee
Home Towne Studios - Chamblee
WoodSpring Suites Atlanta Chamblee
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Perimeter Center
DoubleTree by Hilton Atlanta Perimeter Dunwoody
Quality Inn Northeast
Quality Inn Northeast
#138 of 172 in Atlanta
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Clairmont

Been to Studio 6 Chamblee? Share your experiences!