“Good for the price”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Chamblee
Jamaica
“Good for the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2009

We paid around $40 per night for a room, which is a great deal considering we were looking for a hotel with a kitchen.

The pros of this hotel was the price, and the customer service of the front desk staff was good (they were friendly, despite taking a long time to check you in). The room that we had was clean (dishes were clean, fridge was clean, bathroom was clean) and we appreciated having a kitchen because we have been on the road for some time and it is nice to cook for yourself. In addition, it is located close to several grocery stores and the freeway.

The cons, at least for our room, was that the a/c knob was a bit off (it would point at one thing, such as High Fan, but would really be Low Fan), the carpet felt dirty if you weren't wearing your shoes, and the t.v. remote didn't have numbers on them (so you had to flip all the way through to get to a channel that you wanted), and you can hear the person in the room above you rolling around in their bed. Additionally, this location is about 20 minutes from downtown so having a car if you are visiting Atlanta is a must. Also, the front desk is only open during the day time, so if you lock your room key in your room, prepare to pay a fine.

Those things weren't a huge deal to me, but the big thing that I had an issue with during my stay was that the WiFi was incredibly spotty and would go on and off. It was incredibly frustrating since I had some work that I needed to submit and I was constantly getting kicked off of the WiFi.

Overall I would likely stay again if it was the same price ($40), otherwise I would probably stay at another hotel that has more reliable internet or at least a business center if the wireless is not working.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Memphis, TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2009

I have to say this is one of the nicer Suburbans I have stayed. The staff was very helpful and friendly. They gave us directions to local restaurants and hot spots. It isn't a full service hotel, which we liked because we had our own kitchen. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. There may not be a continental breakfast, but there are plenty of places nearby to eat. The staff is excellent!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Ga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2009

I really enjoyed my stay. My room was very clean, staff was super friendly and helpful. This in NOT your typical hotel, It more like a small studio apartment. I felt very comfortable in my room. If you are looking for FULL service this place is not for you, but if you want to save money in a hotel room, I recommend this place to those who are passing by or those staying longer. I was able to cook my own meals, and I really enjoyed that. I was also able to take advantage of the Free Long Distance Calls. As a Choice Reward member, I can truly say this was surely a nicer Suburban. Keep up the great work staff!!

• Liked — My room had a kitchen and the staff
  • Disliked — Don't Have One
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank raaron30
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chamblee
Studio 6 Chamblee
Studio 6 Chamblee
#2 of 4 in Chamblee
WoodSpring Suites Atlanta Chamblee
Crossland Studios Atlanta - Peachtree Corners
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Clairmont
Residence Inn Atlanta Perimeter Center East
Crossland Studios Atlanta - Norcross

Been to Home Towne Studios - Chamblee? Share your experiences!