“i would stay again”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Chamblee
ky
“i would stay again”
Reviewed August 2, 2010

rooms were remodeled, kinda cheaply but its clean for now. room set up is kinda weird. all open. bedroom no longer separate. only has wired internet. Has horrible cable choices. plenty if u want to watch news and sports. disagree with previous review regarding area, i didnt think it was that bad. i didnt feel in harms way. bed was really firm, not my way of sleeping but some may like it. sofa was very firm also. chair kinda small, recliner would have been better. I'm all about clean so I would return in the immediate future but the interior will decline fast due to seemingly cheap carpeting and furniture. made the reservation but found a discount code online within minutes of making reservation, called them back but they wouldnt honor it. didnt have much dealing with staff other than that but i think that was crappy customer service.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank pharr717

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Cairo
Reviewed July 30, 2010

I reserved a 2 bedroom bi level loft at this extended stay hotel more than 2 months in advance! I like to cook and wanted the full kitchen for my family.We were in town for 3 nights so my daughters could see a concert and my wife and I could explore Atlanta. When we arrived I was told by the desk clerk Jason that my room would not be ready for at least fifteen minutes,even though it was check in time. I returned to the desk to find that he had put me off and left and there were no 2 bedroom lofts clean at that time.The new clerk suggested I come back In a couple of hours! When I asked to speak to management I was told that would be possible during the weekend. I I would have canceled my reservation if I had not brought perishables and needed the full size refrigerator and freezer! I accepted 2 single studios for the same price even though this was not conveniant. I did not manage to find a member of management in 3 nights and they did not contact me despite repeated requests! Upon returning home I checked their website and discovered that I was charged more than the advertised price for these 2 rooms! It was only a few dollars more ,but why should they make a bonus for not holding up their end of our agreement! I was amazed by the attitude of the staff at this facility and the management is obviously not paying attention !!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank cecil65

Travelers are raving about these Chamblee hotels

Crystal Lake, Illinois
Reviewed July 9, 2010

2 bedroom with loft. Room was in the back and up a narrow flight of stairs. As soon as we walked in, we had to evict a cockroach an inch and a half long. The room was spacious. It had very few windows so there was no airflow. The building is old. The price was very good for a 2 bedroom, but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Mexico
Reviewed October 22, 2009

First of all, if you are used to "THE" Marriott or Hilton then don't go here. This is a branch which different focus, let's say more low cost oriented. That being said, I'll start. I stayed here 2 weeks for a business trip to Doraville and have a great time. The complimentary breakfast is tasty. The staff is very attentive and professional. What I liked the most was the rooms, clean, huge, internet ports... and a kitchen I did not use but is nice to have the fridge for keeping beverages cold. You can park for free right outside your room. The only thing I disliked was the noise coming from the room upstairs, you could hear the wood roaring every time somebody walked. Is well located and less than a 5 minute drive from the Perimeter Mall. No doubt I would come back.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank J-L-1977
columbus
Reviewed September 5, 2009

Our son recently moved to Dunwoody and he has a very small apartment so we decided to stay at a hotel for our 3 day stay. We belong to Marriott Rewards and almost exclusively stay at Marriott hotels with confindence. We expecially like Residence Inn because of the large rooms with kitchens, the free full breakfast and also they have an evening reception with beer and appetizers. When we pulled up, we noticed that this part of Dunwoody was not a nice area, and the hotel was OLD. We checked in and went to the room, they are seperate buildings of 4 rooms. Ours was on the 2nd floor (of course) so we had to carry the luggage up old wooden steps that did not feel safe. We opened the door to the room and the door wouldn't shut properly, and the SMELL was horrible. The cabinets in the kitchen were warped and hanging crooked with an old dirty countertop. NO WAY would I eat there!. We hooked up the laptop and booked another hotel a JW Marriott in Buckhead just 10 minutes away. We checked out at the front desk and the hotel desk person did not question us and promptly credited our credit card and cancelled out reservation, Obliviously this has happened to him before.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
ectraveler123
Reviewed May 12, 2009

- My husband and I stayed in a Queen studio for the weekend. The room was spacious and clean.
- The staff was extremely warm, welcoming and professional.
- Complimentary breakfast was good - coffee/tea, juice, standard eggs, potatoes, buscuits, cereal and belgain waffle station. No meat though.
- Our door did get stuck a few times and they offered to move us to a new room but we didn't feel like it.
- We would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 9, 2009

The rooms are old and need some upgrades. I stayed there for a week and the rooms had a stale water smell everyday after the first day.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chamblee
Staybridge Suites Atlanta - Perimeter Center East
The Westin Atlanta Perimeter North
DoubleTree by Hilton Atlanta Perimeter Dunwoody
Hilton Atlanta Perimeter Suites
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Atlanta Perimeter Center
Hyatt Regency Atlanta Perimeter at Villa Christina

Been to Residence Inn Atlanta Perimeter Center East? Share your experiences!