“Bad service!”

Portobello Pizza & Grill
Cuisines: Italian
“Bad service!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

My family and I have eaten at this restaurant twice. While the food is good, the service is terrible. The waitresses seem inexperienced and overwhelmed. Both times we were only one of a few people in the restaurant, and waited forever for our food. Once you receive it, you never see anyone else until you hunt them down for your check. This restaurant has potential, if they could just get it together!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Crissyrm29

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Not good not bad”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

The price for the food, it's ok.But the pizza I ate not so good not so bad.Everything else was good.

Visited April 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Not recommded - bad kitchen service!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My family has eaten there twice. The service was very slow on the first visit but the food came out at the same time and was pretty good. On the second visit two days later, disaster struck. We came after church about 12:30. There were a number of patrons but it was not full by any means. We waited and waited for our order. Other patrons came and went including a party of eight that arrived after us. Our waitress was continually apologizing for the kitchen. Finally, she appeared in tears and said that she could not take it and had to leave. No other server took her place. I finally asked someone to help us and got a trainee who just started 2 days before. She tried to be helpful but did not have a clue what to do. After 1 1/2 hours we finally got one plate of food. We were waiting on a pizza and a calzone - not something elaborate that took long preparation time. At about the two hour mark, the food came out. It was not good - both were overcooked. The pizza had very little topping and the calzone had very little filling. We had waited so long and were on a tight schedule anyway so we were not in the mood to eat. I was very upset and let my feelings be known. There was no one in charge that I could tell - no front manager anyway. It was only the poor servers dealing with an irate customer! At least we were not charged for the meal. I think they were happy to see us leave. We will not be back and I do not recommend the restaurant. There is a distinct lack of leadership and the service is lousy. Go down the street one block to Zorbas. Portobello will not be business long if they do not learn to focus on customer service!

• Visited March 2013