“Totally Unacceptable . . . Avoid at all costs.” 1 of 5 bubbles

Quality Inn
Quality Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Cedartown
Chandler, Arizona
“Totally Unacceptable . . . Avoid at all costs.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2009

Was in town on business for one night. This is a two-level woodframe motel that has clearly changed names several times. It bears the scars of all those changes. Upon arrival, discovered an acrid smoke odor, thanks to the two king rooms just off the lobby that were allowed to prop their doors fully open whilst smoking, sending out billowing clouds of cigarette smoke to the surrounding floor. The second floor was not better, bearing a stale odor of smoke, neglect, and overall decay. An associate claimed her room bore the unmistakable reek of peppered beef jerky...although there was none.

My room? A total dump. Threadbare towels, no chair to the desk, large filthy stains on the carpet, a toilet seat that was worn and spotted, bed comforter stained and shiny with wear, major cracks in most fixtures, stained and dirty recliner, mismatched door hardware...AND half of the flip-latch was missing on the door, making it useless, and far less secure. I slept in my clothes on top of the sheets, and still woke up feeling dirty. My socks told the tale, black and stained from walking on the greenish grey carpet.

This motel would need to be gutted and fumigated to be redeemed in any way. There is a HI Express down the road...I suggest taking your business there.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Atlanta, GA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2008

We were in town for a funeral and the only other hotel was booked. I had read the reviews but the rest of the family wanted to stay in town so I agreed. Big mistake. It has the normal problems even nice hotels can have: towels for two even though there were three of us in the room, swipe key that didn't work, etc.

It looks fine from the outside and even the lobby is ok, although a little barebones.

The stairwell is awful. No elevator so you have to lug your belonging up stairs. Someone has chosen both stairwells as their smoking spots and it reeks. The dust on the rather nice window treatments in the stairwells is an inch thick.

The snack and drink machines near the lobby were nearly empty offering two selections of drinks and only cheetoes in the snack machine. There's not a blanket to be found in the room and when I asked the front desk for one they only had one in the whole hotel to give me.

In the room there's no soap at the sink and the shower has one of those dispensers with body soap, shampoo and conditioner. The worst was the carpet in our room had a glaze of stickiness on it and although I would never walk on hotel carpet with my bare feet, the stickiness on the carpet got on my shoes and they actually stuck to the linoleum when I went in the bathroom! twack, twack! Yuck! In the upstairs hallway there were at least two doors with the doorhandles pulled right off the door leaving a gaping hole in the door. I hope no one was staying in those rooms. The rooms are dirty, worn and awful.

All in all Cedartown is a rough town. It's my understanding that there's a big drug and crime problem there so go to Rome if you must stay in the area. I wish we had. I couldn't get a bath and wash my clothes fast enough when we got home.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — sticky carpet in the dirty, dirty room
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank georgia1
Gubin, Director of Local Marketing at Quality Inn, responded to this review, October 3, 2008
This hotel has recently been taken over by Country Hearth Inns Inc. We have made considerable capitol improvements and desire to give the best in customer service.We hope you will give this hotel another chance.

Travelers are raving about these Cedartown hotels

HH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2007

The Motel is magnificent , experienced such incredible service, breakfast is a lovely continental spread with cheeses fruit pastries etc.Our kids are 3 and 10 and 13 and they enjoyed it. Only tv remote has sometime little problem.
Overall I would say this is probably the best Motel we have ever stayed in on holiday and my family is extremely happy!

• Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank deupak
Mauldin, SC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2006

I got there and the clerk did not know how to process Expedia booked rooms, so I had to wait a half hour in the lobby. I was assigned to a smoking room, when my reservations has clearly asked for non-smoking. The furnishings and especially artwork were circa 1960 and the TV did not receive any channels very well. I brushed at my face and found an ant crawling on it. I got out of there as soon as possible the next morning.

• Liked — closest hotel to my business the next day
  • Disliked — no internet access, dirty rooms
  • Tips/Secrets — stay away
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
atlanta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2006

We were stopping through town and needed a place to stay. We had heard that they had nice jacuzzi suites and figured what the hell.

The outside of the hotel isn't bad and neither is the lobby--your standard, no-frills type of hotel lobby. We requested a jacuzzi suite and the young woman working behind the desk gave us our keys.

We were given keys to room 111--if you ever stay there, DO NOT STAY IN THAT ROOM!!! First, it is literally about 20 feet from the front desk. Second, when we walked in, I immediately ran to check out the bathroom (and to use it). It was completely unusable.

I will spare you the details, but believe me when I say that the toilet had not been cleaned in at least 2 weeks and someone had apparently had a stomach issue and didn't bother cleaning up after themselves (and neither did the maid).

I requested a different room right away and she was very kind to move us to the end of the hall. She explained that the OWNER (yes, the owner) of the hotel uses that room as his apartment and it was supposed to have been cleaned. I was a little surprised that they put us up in someone's apartment (basically).

Our next room wasn't bad. It got us through the night, although we didn't want to touch anything. I think the previous room tainted us a bit! We wouldn't get in the jacuzzi tub (which is surrounded by mirrors, by the way--a little freaky) if someone had paid us. No telling what all had gone on in there.

The next morning we woke up to a terrible gasoline smell. If we didn't know any better, I would've thought someone had poured gasoline in our room!

The breakfast was no good--individually wrapped stale bagels and cereal. No fruit.

It could've just been our bad experience, but I will never go back there again!

Stayed July 2006
3 Thank excited2trav
Newnan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2005

Clean room. Furnishings will need updating soon. Unable to access side entrance with security card key. Remote control didn't work on TV.

• Stayed June 2005, traveled on business
1 Thank AllenH
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cedartown
Best Western Cedartown Inn & Suites
Quality Inn Rome
Quality Inn Rome
#7 of 20 in Rome
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rome-East

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!